Deadly Water

I think it was misleading to call this deadly water.
Its like calling the pic sports car and then having a pic of a VW Bus.
It can be deadly for sure but the water or weather here sure isnt.
Lake Michigan is much more dramatic in the wintertime. Try and get some big swells or frozen walls of water at that time.
The SW MI. coast is great for that.

I just don't like the b/w one. the color one just is not that interesting

Both aren't great. Try the black and white one and crop out the top where the building and sky is.....

When I see this it reminds me of some of my shots. Your in the moment, the view feels great from where your standing, and you go to capture it on film(digital media) and ..boom you realize you tried to fit too much in to the photo. Because there is so much more crammed into frame than the splashing of the water, its kind of hard to call it "Deadly Water".

I think that if you had done a cropped shot of the breakers it would help this photo. I might go so far as to say, if you could drop the angle of view down and get more parrallel with the water it could be more interesting... maybe. Good luck!

Alright thank you, I have a photo of just the water, much more cropped but i thought it was boring, and since this is chicago i thought of highlighting that aspect. As for the name, lol its not the actual name of the photo, i just didnt know what else to put so as a joke i named it "deadly water"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back