TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My axe. =)

C/C welcome!

3-3.jpg

Guitar1.jpg

Erm ... what's your second post in this thread supposed to be???
Anyhow, nice light here. Well executed photo of your guitar, in this case I prefer the second over the first. Cool name that you give yourself to sign your photos :D.

Thanks! the second post was a complaint about photobucket, which I then fixed, so I edited my post to be nothing. =)

For some reason i was expecting a decapitated horses head, but wasnt dissapointed :), i much prefere the second one, they are both good but just a bit too much of the frame out of focus for my taste in the first one, the second one is just right though.

tim

AGH! you cant take carpe noctem photography! NOT FAIR! i wanted that :(. awesome pictures though.

hey i live in socal too we can start a real kickass business and share the name! yeah, share! woot.

LOL! that's funny. Well, I don't have a problem with that, Thor, but I have had the "poor man's" copyright on Carpe Noctem for several years now.

I'm always looking to network! =)

I had my guitar sitting on a bed with black satin sheets. I had a regular house lamp pointed up towards the ceiling, in a room where three walls are mirrors. =)
I didn't use any flash. longish exposure times, but shorter than 1 second, obviously one shot with wide ap, one with a more narrow one.

I regret not being able to take a satisfactory photo of the finish on the guitar, because next to it's barb wire inlay, it's the coolest thing about the damn thing. It's a "tiger's eye" finish. The natural flame/grain pattern in the wood ends up looking like burning skulls, but occured NATURALLY. It's wicked! lol

Olympus sp-510uz, with the built in. It's an "slr-LIKE" camera.

Very nice photos, Matt.

I like the first one better than the second. The shininess of the sheet is a bit distracting in the second one. If it were less reflective and maybe a contrasting-but-matching color, such as brown, it would be even better, IMO. I know you only have so many different color sheets lying around though, hehehe.

Your camera is the latest iteration of the one that got me really into digital photography. I have an Olympus C-750 UZ. The lenses Olympus uses on their ultrazoom cameras are nothing to sneeze at. They are perfectly optimized to the camera, low dispersion glass, aspherical elements, and with excellent coatings. Most things you can do with an SLR, you can also do with that. Wide angle shots and fast action are the only areas where the ultrazooms fall short. Oh, and low light; they can be pretty noisy at the higher ISOs.

Anyhow, I love that first shot.

Most reactions

Back