Deap Sea Fishing - How to prepair

snoword

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to Atlantic City for a bachelor party and as part of the trip we are going on a fishing charter.

Does anyone have any suggestion on approaches for good photos while o the water.

I have a D60, 18-55mm, and a CPF.

Thanks

Does anyone have any suggestion on approaches for good photos while o the water.

I have one...don't drop your camera overboard...:eyebrows:

I know, everyone's a commodian...

Seriously, though, be careful with your camera around salt water. Even just being around the ocean, salt water vapor can condense inside your camera, creating unbelievable havoc. When not in use, keep it in a gallon zip-loc. Better idea would just take a P&S out on the boat if you have one.
As far as photography itself, remember that the water reflects sunlight, so it's worse than taking sunny shots on land. The camera's meter will be reading this extra sun, so you will likely want to bump your exposure to catch the details.

Make sure you have a circular polarizer with you - it will reduce the glare on the water.

YA I jus went deep sea fishing, the glare on the water is aweful, definatley use a filter of some sort. Geez I didnt know that the salt water vapors were so bad, if I did, I wouldn't have taken it out with me, I got some good shots, but then the comp I put them on died, and the charger cable broke. DOOHH, I'll have to wait for the new cable to come. Good Luck

YA I jus went deep sea fishing, the glare on the water is aweful, definatley use a filter of some sort. Geez I didnt know that the salt water vapors were so bad, if I did, I wouldn't have taken it out with me, I got some good shots, but then the comp I put them on died, and the charger cable broke. DOOHH, I'll have to wait for the new cable to come. Good Luck

I wouldn't worry too much about the salt air. Unless you're in the habit of leaving the body sitting around for hours at a time with no lens/cap on, it will be just fine. I would give it (as well as the rest of the gear) an overall wipe-down with a damp, soft, lint-free cloth when you got home, but other than that, should be fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back