Dear Terri

I think that they do still have limited production of aerial films such as the Avitone line. I've thought about picking some up for comparison, but it comes in really strange sizes like 10"x10".

As far as AG vs APhoto, I was under the impression that it was the other way around. I thought APhoto was the one that manufactured all the processing machines and the like, which I thought was still operational. Of course I could be wrong about that. The plants that I've physically seen closed have all been AG.

I read somewhere that Agfa had outsourced all of if's B&W film manufacturing many years ago. And was only making color film in house when the split off occurred. But now since A-F's bankruptcy a few of those vendors have gone under because they where almost total depend on A-F work.

I don't know that could be the case. I'm not seeing any aerial films that match the description.

Avitone P is mostly ortho, except for one, which is blue-sensitive.
Aviphot is panchro, no extended sensitivity.
Aviphot Chrome is also panchro.
Avisense 2000 can be IR or near IR, but it's built for exacting sensitometry. I don't believe an emulsion like that could be cost effective for consumers.

My feeling is that FK has got to be making a proprietary emulsion.

-----My feeling is that FK has got to be making a proprietary emulsion.

Back in the late 60’s or early 70’s International Paper owed Adox, they shutdown the consumer film division but keep x-ray running. They licensed or sold their B&W emulsions to Fotokemika. That's story I have always seen.

I saw a review in Shutterbug on the new Maco/Rollie color film, it is a 400-ISO an A-G aerial film.

Back in the late 60’s or early 70’s International Paper owed Adox, they shutdown the consumer film division but keep x-ray running. They licensed or sold their B&W emulsions to Fotokemika. That's story I have always seen.

I saw a review in Shutterbug on the new Maco/Rollie color film, it is a 400-ISO an A-G aerial film.

I don't have any real reason not to believe you, but Agfa doesn't list any film on their website that matches the description...

This thread started with such promise.

If I send you a roll of Maco IR 820 Aura, will you give it a try?

And he doesn't even have the film. :x

And now the title makes me expect to see questions pertaining to the woes of the lovelorn - go ahead, I've been happily married over 20 years, I could at least answer relationship questions. :mrgreen:

I’ve been think about getting some of that 127 IR, but I keep but it off, because my last attempt with HIR turned out poorly, plus I only a yellow/greenish filter for that camera.

I hadn't realized it was discontinued. Otherwise I would have been more than happy to buy a roll or two and send them your way.

This thread started with such promise.

And he doesn't even have the film. :x

And now the title makes me expect to see questions pertaining to the woes of the lovelorn - go ahead, I've been happily married over 20 years, I could at least answer relationship questions. :mrgreen:

I want to know where the loving husband’s work buys those 9-1/2 roll, do they by a full lot for Kodak, a few single roll for a dealer or have they gone digital too. Can you image LF IR.

LF IR is fantastic. Long gone are the days of HIE in 4x5 though. Now it's all FK.

I feel like I'm in a foreign country hearing a different language....:greenpbl:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back