Death to evil...

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
I had this cell phone. It was created from brimstone in the depths of hell. It would turn on and off whenever convenient, it would drop calls, make calls, turn itself from silent to driving mode to as loud as humanly possible all by itself. That and it was with a cellular carrier that was less than desirable. Well, today we were driving down the road and Alison was making an important phone call when her phone decided it didn't want her to talk any more. So we chose to change carriers today. Actually, we were picking up the new car so we were discussing the switch on the way back and it dropped our conversation too.

In the store picking up our new phones, I got this master plan of ridding the family of the cursed phone and came across an excellent idea...:twisted:

Attached is the image of a cellular phone after being spun out on by a 1999 Suburban. :mrgreen:

The funniest part of all is that I had this thing on my desk and keyboard and it decided to turn on yet again. The speaker was all busted up so it sounded rough but it still turned itself on after all of that. :shock: It was pure evil.

Attachments

• $aftermath.jpg
    $aftermath.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 114
Typical LG piece of crap, mine struggles to get 1 bar of signal in places were my g/f's Nokia gets 3 or 4 bars of signal, Mine decides to turn off at odd times and sometimes when I tell it to turn off the body turns off but the screen stays on and I have to pull the battery out. grrrr

And I thought Verizon is a good carrier. Around here they have really good reception. But they do have crummy phones. Cingular seems to be the one with all the cool models. But they're known to have really bad reception in the area. But anyway, at least you got to cast the evil devil phone back into the inferno from whence it came.

hhaahaha!! :lol: What a cool thing to do to a phone. I've always wanted to get it back for all the hassles mine has caused me.. not to mention the big bills that always end up in my letter box because of it!

You have NO idea how many times my phone almost became victim to a similar road rage incident. Except that instead of the Suburban treatment, mine almost got "done" by a big rig on the 710 fwy. Since I need mine for work, I've always refrained. I might swap providers this month (Cingular sucks out here :( ) and have a little fun myself. Congrats on the LG road waffle. :lol:

:lol: I've always wanted to do that too...and yes as said it's a typical LG phone :( I think my brother has that one...hard to tell from the rubble left over :lol: and his is alright, but not as good as the motorola's we've had...

I've had failry good luck with my old LG, though the speaker did blow on it a little while ago. We switched to Cingular and I got a motorola and something is wrong with it! I've heard that they are usually good so I think I just got a bad one from the bunch and will try an exchange and see if that helps :) Aubrey's new phone however is perfect :thumbsup:

Which phone alison? You can read reviews if you search for the phone type...usually a lot of people have the same problems with the same phones...

It was just the basic one, the V180. I just read some reviews and overall they were positive but several mentioned the poor reception like I am receiving. I might just get the one that Aubrey got because the reception was great and I use this phone for my business and I need it to sound good :)

Sounds like a plan :) Usually motorola phones get great reception, so it must be the phone. Cingular has the new Razor phone thats's really sweet...but probably really pricey as well...

Most reactions

Back