Death Valley NP

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Really connected with this park. How I ended up here is a whole other story. Hate to say that these were shot on The Nikon 5200 as opposed to my D200. Plus I am transmitting from my brandy new iMac (20") and lightroom. Please let me know your thoughts on image on image quality and of course composition.

Love & Bass

Tacopa Rd
tacopard1367yp2.jpg

Rt 127
]
rt1271369vw6.jpg

Ashford Mills?
ashfordmill1407oh1.jpg

Welcome to GreenWater
welcomegreenwater21499xo2.jpg

Moon
moonwebgb9.jpg

These are great! I wanna be there. You sending these from there?

I see you made it to Greenwater. You see the AAA sticker on the sign?- Tha cracked me up.

I can't figure out the last shot though- Harmony? Looks like the valley floor near Furnace Creek.

and you're right about ashford mills.

I guess you know the park well. Transmitting from the comforts of my home in Jackson,WY. I would kill to be in Death Valley right now.

The moon shot is from rt 127 between Tacopa and Shoshone. You are correct in that I visited the Furnace Creek area.

My original idea was to hit Saline Valley and the Racetrack. It was just too far and I was unprepared. Looks like Nipton is near that area. Have you ever visited the Racetrack?

Love & Bass

I guess you know the park well. Transmitting from the comforts of my home in Jackson,WY. I would kill to be in Death Valley right now.

The moon shot is from rt 127 between Tacopa and Shoshone. You are correct in that I visited the Furnace Creek area.

My original idea was to hit Saline Valley and the Racetrack. It was just too far and I was unprepared. Looks like Nipton is near that area. Have you ever visited the Racetrack?

Love & Bass

I've been out to racetrack once. I did that, Eureka dunes and Saline Valley in a 4 day camping trip. My photos sucked. I gotta go back and do 'em over.

It'll be probably another year or two before I do it again though. DV just goes on and on. I've been out there a dozen times or so and would do it again in a heartbeat if it weren't for reality.

There's just so much I want to see. I'm hoping my wandering takes me up into Nevada and sw Utah this next spring. This fall is mostly Joshua Tree NP. My goal is to learn as much as I can about the desert; maybe explode from knowing too much. Not sure. Can't stop.

Here's a couple of my sites:
http://digital-desert.com/
http://mojavedesert.net

That last shot is beautiful. How long were you out there? Got more?

Sounds like you have an excellent plan. I am only just now realizing how much I connect with the Dessert. It is a beautiful thing.

Love & Bass

Sounds like you got some sand in your shoe. ;)

Gottago,. .

I live in Tucson Az and I'm loving the flooded sign! We have some of those around here (for the monsoon) and when its not raining theres no water of course which makes the signs useless. But there still there! The deserts nice but much to hot in the summer.

Excellent photos.

Another Tucsonan who loves the FLOODED sign. Great pictures!

Very nice wish I was there, we go around mid Feb and will stay until mid April this year. There are soooooooo many things to see. Have you hiked to see all the waterfalls? There are2 right around Furnace Creek.
The flooded sign where was that? Are they having problems now?

Cool!!!!!! Smiles are the best compliment.

I was mostly on Jeep trails in the Greenwater Valley area. Checked out a couple of old mining sites. No water falls. The flooded sign is on the Tacopa rd just off of rt 127. They had rain a couple of days before I got there. I am sure the flooding has subsided. Bring your camping gear.

Love & Bass

That first one is great! I also love the Greenwater and Moon photos, though I think the Greenwater one would have been better with that thing towards the side of the photo. Love 'em.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back