Deathly silhouette

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Isn't it strange how an image can take on a life of its own. I took this shot of a carrion crow in a dead tree, at the end of a country walk just as the sky was colouring up nicely before sunset. The day was warm, I was very upbeat, everything in the garden was rosy. When I reviewed this image at home I thought I must have been walking through the apocalypse and hadn't noticed!

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/08/carrion-crow.html

Dead-Tree-Crow.jpg

But the world was far from feeling as apocalyptic as this photo makes it seem?
Interesting.
So it seems like the photo is developing a life and atmosphere all of its own, indeed!
I like that tree! I have a heart for dead trees!

This is excellent! Color and composition are right on.

A very evocative image. The colours work well, and my eye is drawn up the branches to the crow.

You're right, without having been there to see what a ncie day it actually was, this picture makes it look like a spooky, scary spot

Ready for a Hammer `Horror backdrop . . . superb mood.

Thanks all, your comments are much appreciated. Below this tree was a pasture, grazing sheep, neatly maintained hedges, fences, and a track to a nearby farm. To look at the image you'd think there there would be burning buildings, fires, palls of smoke and bodies about to be descended on by the crow! Hammer horror indeed Fangman.

Regards, Tony

Wonderful picture! You would never know that life was teeming just below.

Love it! It's funny how a dead tree can tell a much stronger story than a live one.

Fantastic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back