Debbie and Mike Wedding Pictures

Leo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wanted to share a few shots of a wedding I took last Saturday using my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens. I would appreciate any comments or critiques. Thanks for looking.

I was a little hesitant in posting these pics but I want to thank NJMAN for pursuading me in posting these pics and his pre-critiques. Yeah could use some more work but I think these sets are a lot better than when I first started a year ago.

aIMG_0065copy.jpg

aIMG_0081.jpg

aIMG_0297copy.jpg

aIMG_0365copy.jpg

aIMG_0492.jpg

These are actually pretty decent. Was this a paid pro gig or just for fun or being a second shooter? Either way, here are my thoughts, and I've only shot 2 so far with a 3rd on the way, so take it w/ a grain of salt.
1- Might try a tighter crop so the rings are just dead center and to also get rid of the background contrast.
2- Might have shot with an aperture around 2.8 - 4 to blur the pews in the BG and also got on my knees to avoid looking down on the ring bearer.
3- same thing w/ the aperture for a more shallow depth of field, but it looks like they were pretty close to the BG so it probably wouldn't have helped much.
4- pretty nice as is
5 - also pretty nice, maybe just a tad wider so the bride isn't crammed at the side.

Good job though. I'll be interested to hear others

Nice job! My only crit would be to adjust the white balance for #2 since the boy is looking kind of yellow. Other than that, I think your shots are very good. Your subtle use of flash is very nice. There is a good balance between ambient and fill, which makes your foreground and background evenly lit. I'm very glad you shared these. And thanks for mentioning me. :)

Well done Leo!

NJ

Thank you for comments Johnboy. Yes it was a paid gig, I do more of debuts (quincineras) than weddings. Weddings are more stressful than debuts.
I agree with #1, I did not do any cropping at all. Pics #2 and #3 are shot with f/2.8

Thanks NJ, I actually did not use a flash on any of the church pictures. But at the reception, I used a Stroboframe ProT flash bracket with my 430EX and an Omnibounce flash diffuser.

Very nice! My opinion only - having nothing to do with photography and the rules and all just the way i like to look at things, i like the rings with the background but I think it would do it justice to take some of the left side off, not necessarily all of the contrasted background. I dont know if I am making sense. LOL I hate typing what I'm saying.
Good job! ;)

thanks, yeah i am kinda partial with or without the background. At least I got a picture of the rings. Didn't really have a good picture of the ring exchange. I was standing behind the priest about 10-15ft away. Wish I had a 70-200mm lens. Tried cropping the ring exchange but it was too grainy, I shot with an ISO800.

Very nice! My opinion only - having nothing to do with photography and the rules and all just the way i like to look at things, i like the rings with the background but I think it would do it justice to take some of the left side off, not necessarily all of the contrasted background. I dont know if I am making sense. LOL I hate typing what I'm saying.
Good job! ;)

Most reactions

Back