Decay

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
I think I need to reprint and burn in the bottom right corner..

010905decay.jpg

Tri-x with 25 filter in Rodinal, printed on Agfa 111 FB with 3.5 filter (iirc)

Great one, oriecat. I like it. Can't say much about the technical details, I'm a total nerd as to the technical aspect of photography :)blulsh2:) - but I like the grainyness as well as the closeness of the leaf. I don't have to remind you of the "Decay"-theme over in the themes, do I? (The "Themes" wouldn't occur to you, ever, in connection with my name, would they?????? ;);););))

LaFoto said:
I don't have to remind you of the "Decay"-theme over in the themes, do I? (The "Themes" wouldn't occur to you, ever, in connection with my name, would they?????? ;);););))

Of course, you do! I never look over there. :|

Thanks! :D

As much as I like it, I can't help feeling there is something laking. I can't for the life of me think what though. :scratch:

Good work Orie.

orie, you take photos? :shock:

just kidding ya know! I just haven't been around to see much of your work :D

I am totally digging the grain on this here shot, love the texture on this!

vonnagy said:
orie, you take photos? :shock:

just kidding ya know! I just haven't been around to see much of your work :D

occasionally :p hey, no worries, there ain't been anything to see :( I think I've posted like 2 in the past 3 months :(

Thanks everybody!

Ferny, I think I agree with you tho. The more I look at it, the less happy I am with it. I wonder if it's a dof issue. I think I would like it more if it had greater dof to see more of the decay sharply. I do love the grain tho, and the tones I got on this agfa paper are gorgeous in person.

That's odd. The more I look at it the more I like it. :lol:

I did think it may be a bit too soft. But then if it was perfectly sharp couldn't that clash with the grain?

No, I don't think so, then the grain would show up even stronger. The print is sharper than that scan. We got a new computer and I don't have any of the software I'm used to and the scanners been acting weird so my scans are not what they could be.

Most reactions

Back