Decent night of shooting, harsh C&C Please!!

yeah i plan on keeping the UV on there all the time. i want to go out tomorrow and test out the quality of the CP.

that reminds me, i'm going to NYC sunday and i may bring my camera. Any suggestions?

I wish I lived anywhere near the city (its about 4 hours away) but do bring the camera there are opportunities everywhere for photography.

Wow! Nice sunsets! What camera did you use? The XSi or the S5? I see you have a list of cameras on your post. I have an XSi as well. Yeah, it's funny. I keep looking for people who have Canon XSi cameras. :)

-Christopher

Out of the pics you posted, I like #1 and #5 the best.

i used the XSi with the 18-200 lens for these shots.

and i feel like all i will be taking pictures of is buildings! i'm thinking i'll be using Program mode the most considering the city is so fast paced and opprotunitties come and go so quickly

Wow! Nice sunsets! What camera did you use? The XSi or the S5? I see you have a list of cameras on your post. I have an XSi as well. Yeah, it's funny. I keep looking for people who have Canon XSi cameras. :)

-Christopher

Me too! I see you are from Indy as well. There is a Canon xsi class that Roberts puts on. I am going to try and hit one in Feb.

so i decided to bring the camera tomorrow to NYC, and probably just bringing the 18-200 and keeping it on. I'll probably just keep it in my girlfriend's huge purse she is planning on taking so i don't need to carry that whole bag with me all day

thanks everyone!! And when i do go to the beach, I always tell myself to try to get more foreground but I forget everytime! There is this one white wooden chair that's always sitting in the sand and I just forget about it!!

And yes the dog shots are with a built in flash, just snap shots in the basement.

I see whaqt you mean about the first one, because that was after the sun actually set and there was nothing there but color.

But here is the problem. I always want to try to lengthen the shutter speed to get that soft water texture, but everytime I make it longer, it becomes wayyyy overexposed. I tried messin with the ISO, aperture, even AP mode and nothing could work. What should I do in that situation?

The problem you are going to have is that you are photographing some serious brightness. Set your ISO to the lowest number to decrease the sensor's light sensitivity, close the aperture as much as you can to reduce the amount of light coming in (highest number), and other than adding a filter, that's all you can do. Set the shutter speed to what your in camera meter wuld indicate, then try to bracket a few shutter speed settings slower and see what you can do to it in post-processing.

But here is the problem. I always want to try to lengthen the shutter speed to get that soft water texture, but everytime I make it longer, it becomes wayyyy overexposed. I tried messin with the ISO, aperture, even AP mode and nothing could work. What should I do in that situation?
Is this for the sunset type shots or during the day?

If you're trying to do this during the day, you need to use Neutral Density (ND) filters.

for them at sunset.

i;m guessing i should use the UV filter when i'm in the city tomorrow right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back