Decent Tri pod??? or mono???????

STICKMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for a decent tripod and mono pod/stick(or what ever u call it ) ..
What brands would you recommend, I do allot of nature and landscape work so hiking is usually in the days plan.... Also a good location to purchase from either online or a store if poss. i am from good old jersey over here..... Thanks

E-bay is a great way to buy these -- you can save money and you're not dealing with the critical optics/electronics that would make you nervous.

I love my Bogen 3021 tripod and Gitzo head which I bought combined on ebay for about $200 (the head itself goes for about $250 new). The aluminum legs on the pod were a bit scratched up, but that doesn't affect function in the least.

A solid tripod and head can be quite heavy unless your are willing to spend alot on carbon fiber.

My Manfrotto monopod cost about $60 new -- and is solid but not outrageously heavy. I love it.

I have the Bogen/Manfrotto PRO 3021 legs and a 322RC2 pistol grip head. I also picked up a decent pano head attachment to add to it. It doesn't make for a very lightweight tripod as far as hiking is concerned, but it is a very stable nice tripod. For lightweight, you would want to looks at carbon fiber legs, but they come at a premium. Bogen/Manfrotto is a pretty reputable company and makes a nice product. It was the best $300 I've spent in a while.

You can't go wrong with Bogen/Manfrotto

I get most (ALL) of my camera stuff from B&H - clicky in upper right.

I have the 055XProB tripod with 488RC2 head - after rebate, I think this combo is close to $250 which is very good (I paid close to $300).

I also have the Manfrotto 055XPro tripod but with the 322RC2 pistol grip head. Not light but solid as a rock for those telephoto shots. I love the flexibility of the 322RC2 head. I think I have about $300 in the setup. I also have a Manfrotto monopod that accepts the 322 head. I think it was around $50.

Manfrotto/bogen, and slik both seem to be good brands, ive played with some, i believe it was velbon or something similar, that were decent as well.

Is it just me, or is the Bogen 3021 discontinued? B&H says dicontinued and Amazon doesn't list it anymore. What is there new equivilant?

Derrick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back