Decent WA or fisheye ~300?

poopingfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im going to be getting a lens for christmas most likely for skateboarding, I have about 300 maybe a little over to spend. Im pretty picky about my pictures, it seems like all of the kit lens pictures focus is just horrible. Full res pictures look foggy and things arent in focus.

Mainly here looking for a fisheye for the distorted and very close up shots. That and hopefully good crisp shots with decent color is what Id like.

I realize a budget of 300 isnt that great, but im hoping to get something obviously better then my kit lens.
This is for a Rebel XT.

Thanks all

Thanks for the suggestion, but it appears to be out of my budget.

Theres quite a few choice on B&H Im just not sure what to go for.
I want a high FOV and sharpness.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it appears to be out of my budget.
Welcome to the hobby of photography. It ain't cheap. :lol:

I have seen too many shots with the 10-20mm Sigma that it might be worth you to wait on the funds in order to get this one. Relatively speaking, it's not that expensive for the quality.

I have a tendency to skirt the issues of my maladies. :lol:

Hah yeah I know its expensive but Im trying to get other things as well. Someone suggested the sigma 17-70 and it doesnt look too bad at all.

I need some left over money for other things as well as maybe the famous 50mm prime.

i use the 17-70 for just about everything. i love it. its fairly sharp wide-open and spot on stopped down. it has really good colors too.

i have a sigma fisheye too, and to be honest, on my 30D i like the 17-70 better. with the crop sensor you just don't get the curvature of the fisheye. its there, its just not pronounced.

I got some more money so I am going with:
Sigma 10-20
70-200F4 L
Peleng 8mm (if I can find one?)

and a 50 f1.8 which Ive already bought and am quite happy with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back