Decided to dust my old camera off

Penny220

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
EOS 620, it was the best of the best the day I bought it LOL. Film got a bit expensive, life got in the way but it's time to get back into it. It's been so long and so much has changed that I figured this forum is the way to go. There is some really great photographers in here!

EOS 620 is a fine camera - I have one - apart from dusting it, what have you done with it? A couple of examples if your work would be nice.

And, welcome. Lots of good advice here.

EOS 620 is a fine camera - I have one - apart from dusting it, what have you done with it? A couple of examples if your work would be nice.

And, welcome. Lots of good advice here.
From where I started...a few of us met up every Monday morning dropping our rolls at a special film lab, talking about our shoots, kicking around at the shop and taking our prints to the coffee shop for lunch to discuss many times including a few from the lab. Expensive habit. Life took over. I allowed my husbands daughter and my own son to take my baby out when they both got into photography. The roll in the camera is my sons, he graduated 4 yrs ago. It's been about 15 yrs since I've taken a shot myself. Digi is wonderful, take 200 shots to get one right and it won't cost a dime and our phones are actually taking decent pics these days. Now they photo correct on computers when they miss the right shot. I ran into a photographer a number of years ago running an Eos digi who had no clue about f-stops, he always used auto. To me that was DANG!!! That's a ton of money to throw down for a point and shoot. I would have LOVED his camera and truth be told I wouldn't mind going the route of digi. Phones are great for snap shots but a couple of weeks ago I was complaining over limitations per photography while a friend said there was no way an SLR could do better, especially old film. 2 days later I ended up in the Rio Grande....I got some great shots, nothing like what I could have done with my SLR. I'm from the days where a Polaroid test shot cost a buck to test a shot and we pushed films. I like the technical challenge. As I wait for my film and battery I've already discussed weather with a meteorologist. Filters and digi can fake a shot but film does not lie. Nothing replaces right time, right place. The world can hate their life, I will always be in awe of sun poking through trees in a forest or a bee collecting pollen on a flower. Memories that bore in your head but can never be captured with a point and shoot.

Most reactions

Back