Decision between Canon 350D or 30D

JJP

As far as I am aware, what you are looking for doesn't exist - if you cannot afford the 70-200L IS then you are certainly not going to get a longer faster zoom for less. The other thing you have to think about is size. An f2.8 400mm lens will be absolutely massive (not to meantion expensive) so you will not (easily) be able to shoot handheld for example.

If you have a budget of £1000 then I am not sure you are going to get what you need. The 16-35L that I have is wideangle so you can shoot close up but that is around £900 probably in the UK on its own - and will leave you without a zoom. I have the 24-105 f4 which is very versatile but that will also set you back around £750-800 on its own. I would probably suggest that you go for either a prime (but will add to the difficulty of the shot) or get the 24-105L f4 AND a flash so that if the light is too low then you can just shoot with a flash. The few times I have shot at a gig I have almost always used a flash because the lighting is so bad. You can still shoot the blurred arty shots with an f4 - as somone else pointed out DOF is usually a factor to consider...

When you say your current camera only goes to 2.8 - which camera is that?

Most reactions

Back