Decision on 2 D SLR's

Which is the better base to start in the D SLR world?

• Nikon D1x

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Canon 10D

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just a question but why the d1x or 10d

why not d70 or something else

Although the D70 has some very good reviews. I am just fuzzy about spending money on a camera body that is made out of plastic. I have a plastic bodied point and shoot already and it has stress cracks and with investing in a D SLR, I would prefer to place my money on a camera body that is made of magnesium. Thats just my personal preference. I think including the D70 they are all have an image sensor that is close in specs and the D1X is a bit more dated but it is still one of the top cameras, even at its age. Just availability is a bit difficult.

What other models did you have on mind?

the d100 is not plastic and you can get the vertical grip if you like that or even the new d200, I am pretty sure the body is not plastic and it is 10mp twice that of the d1x you can get a vertical grip for it to

i dont know just some other stuff to consider

i was having this debate too i just went with the d70 because i found it cheap and the technology is newer on it

You are comparing two cameras in a totally different leagues.

I would look at a 20D, 5d, or 1d Mk II to compare to the Nikon D1x.

Really Matt. Assumed the 10D would be quite equivalent to the older D1x. But one feature I'm liking on the D1x is the GPS connector. The D200 tito is too far out of my price range.

Thanks Matt

Well I ended up getting my first D SLR. Didn't end up with either model I wanted because I was not taking into consideration some glass for the body and that blew the budget way out.

So on a tight budget I bought a used Canon D30. Now I just have to buy a lens. Should be a good starter unit to learn the basics and I'm hoping that the camera can produce some good results while I'm learning.

:wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back