Decisions.... help

So Mr. Ronron, what's the decision. :biglaugh:It's rarely easy eh?
Decision made for me. I am having a beer while watching the World Series game one as I browse the first night of NBA hoops.

I have the Tamron 28-75 2.8 and it is hands down my favorite lens. Its almost always on the camera. I do have a wide angle for real estate, but the Tammy is my favorite lens by far.

Thanks Amanda for the information.

Decision made for me. I am having a beer while watching the World Series game one as I browse the first night of NBA hoops.

Jaca, it isn't easy at all. (Not as easy as a 400mm f/2.8 ;) )

Thank you to the others that have weighed in about this lens. I am wanting 2.8 glass because I really see the need for it with my photography.

I honestly still haven't decided but from your comments, it will help me as I finally make up my mind. The good news is that I'm don't have to buy it this second. I am for sure going to take my time and make sure that I am happy with my purchase.

LensRentals.com - Rent a Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC for Canon
Sounds good, right?

LensRentals.com - 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens Teardown Comparison
Not bad!

LensRentals.com - Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC Issue
Now THIS...this is alarming: the second element in the lens, which is a large element, held in place by GLUE, and not by clips or rings? What the heck? An element that can just fall out of position? I am wondering if this design shortcut was corrected, or if they just figure, "We'll fix em if they break?" I honestly do not know the answer to this question, but there are user comments on their page that state that this has happened to their lenses. The most recent complaint is from early 2015.
Does this problem exist on the Tamron 70-200/2.8?
I'm looking to replace my 80-200/2.8 and its between the Nikon and Tamron 70-200"s

I have the Tamron 28-75 2.8 and it is hands down my favorite lens. Its almost always on the camera. I do have a wide angle for real estate, but the Tammy is my favorite lens by far.

Thanks Amanda for the information.

Jaca, it isn't easy at all. (Not as easy as a 400mm f/2.8 ;) )

Thank you to the others that have weighed in about this lens. I am wanting 2.8 glass because I really see the need for it with my photography.

I honestly still haven't decided but from your comments, it will help me as I finally make up my mind. The good news is that I'm don't have to buy it this second. I am for sure going to take my time and make sure that I am happy with my purchase.
2.8 glass is awesome

But you knew that :)

Ron-- why don't you try renting some of the choices you are considering? I usually rent first and then buy. I feel like it saves me the heartache. Too bad you don't live close-- I'd let you borrow a few.

Ron-- why don't you try renting some of the choices you are considering? I usually rent first and then buy. I feel like it saves me the heartache. Too bad you don't live close-- I'd let you borrow a few.

That is something that I may be doing soon, thanks. What SW Wyoming is close enough to Central Oklahoma, right? (Well, no offense, but as close as I want to get, lol - it gets WAY too cold up there for me.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back