Decorating my new office

photogoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trueblueintimates.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a new office (Woopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!) and wanted to put some of my own stuff on the walls. I have a couple that are already framed but I need a few more. Help me decide which ones are good enough to display (and will "go" with the ones that I already have up - see below). Thanks :p

oldtime.jpg

farm.jpg

wisconsinsunset.jpg

IR_barn.jpg

Just so you know what is already up... These are the ones already framed.
kateandmaddie.jpg

kate2.jpg

Madison_guitar_e.jpg

I'm going to have to say that none of them are up to par with the ones already up save perhaps number 2. (number 2 with a different crop.. how different? no clue)

I think you'll wind up taking much better photos than the ones you posted here, so my recommendation is to not rush which photos you add to your walls.

That said number 1 is pretty cool but the crookedness irritates me. If that was fixed it might be a winner. Not sure though.

Hmmmm....such different subject matter than what you already have up there. I love the last one, with the barn and the IR look.

jadin said:
That said number 1 is pretty cool but the crookedness irritates me. If that was fixed it might be a winner. Not sure though.

That's the funny thing about #1. I've stared at this one trying to figure it out. If you look at the ground, it looks slightly slanted one way but the barn is tilted in the other direction. I've tried "correcting" it but it always still looks off. They just didn't build the barn straight and it's playing havoc with my photo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AlisonS said:
Hmmmm....such different subject matter than what you already have up there. I love the last one, with the barn and the IR look.

I have a couple of horse pencil drawings that are going up too. So there will be a bit of a mix anyways.

jadin wrote:

That's the funny thing about #1. I've stared at this one trying to figure it out. If you look at the ground, it looks slightly slanted one way but the barn is tilted in the other direction. I've tried "correcting" it but it always still looks off. They just didn't build the barn straight and it's playing havoc with my photo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I must hear a different drummer :) Looking at the tree and the fence post one can see that the picture is fairly straight.and that the barn must be slanted. I like the composition and the barn being slanted makes the photograph and subject more interesting.

All in all I think the first photograph is a good catch. I think it would be an even greater picture if it were possible to reshoot it on a cloudy day to get rid of the shadows and not have the weeds in the forefront of the picture.

I like'em all. Put the kid pics on one wall or part of a wall. The 3 (2 BW and 1 Sepia) on another wall or part of the same. Then use the color to start a new theme on another wall or part of the same.

I figger if ya' gonna do'it......... Go all buck wild like and cover up that darn office from top to bottom :p

The barn has settled into the ground on that side and that makes ya think there is something wrong and the fact that the ground slopes away (why anyone built a barn of that style there is beyond this farmer)....but i love the tractor peeking out of the open doors and the feeling it was taken 40 yrs ago

The barn when built was more than likely plummed straight. For whatever reason they skimped on making a proper foundation. Over the years one side sunk further into the ground causing the slant.

Farmers (to whom i have the deepest respect for) are often jack of all trades and generally masters only at growing crops and raising livestock. :)

Most reactions

Back