Deep Woods Dog

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I liked this one even though the lighting is pretty bad. I worked with it a good bit but the shadows and hot spots are just too intense. Any other suggestions for PS at this point.

DSC00325re650.jpg

Here's another one I liked. I'm starting to realize that it is the interplay of the intense colorado light and shadow that tend to attract me. The same qualites that make it difficult to get a good picture.

DSC00291_filtered650.jpg

whoa... holy moly... that's an amazing difference with that dodge & burn technique! i'm going to have to figure out how to use those things...

any quick and easy explanation?

I personally use the brushes, just cause I enjoy it. You feel like you're painting in the color. :)

I have my settings set to... (one sec)

I use paint shop pro so it's slighty different even though the concept is the same.

In PSP the setting is called 'step'. I think in photoshop it's called 'exposure'. I set that to 25%.

The key is you dodge the highlights, then burn the shadows. You can repeat as many times as you want. Each time will push the midtones either brighter or darker depending on dodge or burn.

If you're really persistant you'll end up with something like this.

edit: removed the picture so I'm not hijacking :?

drdan, nice work! i have a relative that lives in Denver that keeps bugging me to come out. looks like i should take them up on the offer sometime.

that dodge and burn technique looks like something to learn. thanks for sharing.

very nice photos! Actually I like the light in the first one... the shadows on the dog make him a part of nature, if you know what I mean

I love the colors in the first one. Just need to get a little more contrast to bring out the dogs head from the backround. (That might just be my moniter) Good work Dan.

Most reactions

Back