Deer and Canadian Geese CC Please!

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by smackitsakic, Mar 30, 2010.

1. smackitsakic

smackitsakic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A couple of nights ago at dusk I went to the local golf course, which is not open yet, to look for wildlife. I ended up finding deer, geese, and a beaver.

These are some of the shots I took, my first ever wildlife pictures. I had a hard time getting close enough due to a creek in my way, but I did the best I could.

Any suggestions would be great! These were all shot in 'portrait' mode.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scuba

Scuba No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    well first off get that thing out of portrait mode. None of them are very sharp which probably had to do with the portrait mode and the dusk lighting. I am guessing you were using your 55-250 lens. When you are zoomed in you need to make sure the shutter speed is high enough to keep the image clear or it will be blurry which will be hard at full zoom. A tripod would be a lot better for these shots.

3. smackitsakic

smackitsakic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Unfortunately I didn't have my tripod with me when I went to get these pictures - shame on me!

With the geese pictures I had some difficulties with lighting and didn't use manual mode as a result...I'll know better next time thanks to the feedback from folks on here!

I'll try some different settings next time and see what I can come up with...I agree that the pics are a bit blurry and certainly aren't the greatest in the world, but thought they weren't too bad for a first try. Lots of room for improvement!