Deer By the Road.

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Peach Comma, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Peach Comma

Peach Comma TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sad.

But at this time of the year... almost unavoidable kind of car accident. I hit a deer on Oct. 26... repair costs of 1.300 Euro. Deer was dead.

"It was a dark and stormy night..."

OK, this is no real critique as to the techniques of this photo, but yes: it captures the dangers that roads are for deer at this time of the year only too well. It does make me sad!

3. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

At the risk of seeming critical, slight over exposure on the whites. Can you try downing the levels ever so slightly?

4. mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't really critique this technically, since I don't have the knowledge just yet.

But artistically speaking, this is one of the most powerful images I've looked at in a very long time. I love how you've kept the focus and subject all about the deer. There's nothing else that takes precedence here, your eye is immediately drawn to the carcass and everything it represents.

B&W is definitely the right way to go for this shot. However, I personally would have liked to have seen some more noise in it. But that is a personal preference.

The composition, subject matter and style you've used here are all spot on. This is definitely a shot you should be proud of.

5. JackTheTripper

JackTheTripper TPF Noob!

Somehow I knew before I clicked.

Doesn't do much for me. Maybe would like to have seen the road itself twisting off in the distance or disapearing behind a turn. Don't know what the road looks like.

6. Maven

Maven TPF Noob!

You seem to be over exposing alot of the recent images I have looked at Peach. And don't get me wrong, that technique works sometimes. This is a good example of that. I like the shot over exposed here because it forces you to focus on the deer.

Just wish that damn pole/post thing wasn't cutting your subject in two.

7. Peach Comma

Peach Comma TPF Noob!

I really need a new monitor. I'll put a picture on this computer and think a picture looks fine, then look at it on another computer and it'll look much too bright.

But I like how the post cuts it in two.

8. Maven

Maven TPF Noob!

Ya know peach, as I look again, I think the post needs to be there...if it wasn't there would be just a dead deer. :|