Defining Lines

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just came home after two weeks of visiting relatives in Ontario. (Anyone notice the absence of snoopy? ;))

As I was editing I came across these four 'hand' shots which I find each help to define the particular individual's personalities. Later this week I might get a few more 'true' portraits into a thread. Any critique and feedback would be appreciated :)

Also, I can't take full credit for the conversions. I found this particular one somewhere on the web and played with it to suit my own needs.

1. My six year old cousin informing me she doesn't want any more photos taken after she played around in the garden infront of this 125+ year old house.
_MG_0500bw.jpg

2. Perhaps this one helps to give a hint not as much as to the person's character, but instead their occupation. This is my uncle fixing the combine.
_MG_0288bw.jpg

3. Missed the focus on the flower so instead this shot will have to fit into the hand category.
_MG_0227bw.jpg

4. This image has a few too many 'problems' with the blown highlights and such to really carry much merit, but this is probably my favourite photo simply due to its significance. These are the hands of my grandfather who has had alzheimer's for the past decade. This is the precise way he always folded his hands, which did so much as he too was a farmer and carpenter. The only hindrance to him now is that seemingly small bracelet which shackles him to his current state. I admire him very much
_MG_9974bw2.jpg

1, 3 and 4 are my favourites. and out of those 3, 4 is my favourite. i like the very selective focus with your pics. very cool.

Umm.. Awesome Beutifull Shots.. massive Props.. Somthn about the Hands

What a great collection, story, and title!

It's a good idea and well executed. I very much wish to have my photos come out in this fashion. :)

4 is the best, those problems don't mind, it's just great! My grandfather has Alzheimer as well, I need to take a picture of him like that. It would be of great value! Very nicely done, superb!

Great series Peanuts, I think my favourite is the one of your uncle fixing the combine, the tones in the image are beautiful and composition is spot on. Gratz!

This is a great series. I especially love the details of the dirt you picked up in the first one and the tones of the one with the flower. You should definitely make a montage out of this. It'd make a great gift for all the owners of those hands!

Most reactions

Back