Dell 2209WA Monitor -- IPS for less than $300?

Well I bought a like-new Spyder 3 on Amazon Marketplace a couple of weeks ago at a very good price. It's easy to use and seems to work well.

Ian

Might have to do that if the huey doesn't lift its load.

I have read more poor reviews from the Huey than positive reviews. You're not limited to just these two. There's also the iOne colourimeters which is basically what Greytag Macbeth call themselves now.

The iOne Display 2 works flawlessly even on wide gamut screens where the Spyder 2 fails to get accurate colour at all.

Well, the problem with the Huey was user incompetence, not a problem with the device!

When getting to a certain portion of the process, I was to adhere the sensor to the display. Well, it turned out that I needed to turn on "mirroring" so that the Huey application was on the display's screen. The sensor needed to be in an exact area that would change colour so it could sense the proper frequencies at the appropriate time. D--U--H!!!

So, now I'm calibrated. The colours seem okay, but more dim than previously.

Brightness is 93 and contrast is 55.

And color settings are 80 for R G and B.

So, who knows, maybe I'll end up resetting it manually for my cockeyed perspective! :mrgreen:

Holy crap! I just got this monitor for $229 shipped. For some reason there is a $50 instant savings and free shipping! You have to buy it through the small business site though, doesn't seem to be any different from making a personal purchase though, other than requiring a business name, I usually ship things to work anyway so someone is there to sign for them.

Yeah, I bought mine through the small business site too. Sounds like you got a good deal there! I payed just under $300 for mine, if I remember correctly. I think you're going to like it.

Ian

I'm not a gamer at all. This price seems awfully good. My experience with Dell monitors (I use them all the time at work, but not for color-critical applications) has been great and I came close to buying the $100 cheaper s2209w which is a 21.5" TN panel (and actually claims a higher resolution), but then I saw a reference to this one and this sounds superior.

[FONT=&quot]coupons [/FONT]

I'm not a gamer at all. This price seems awfully good. My experience with Dell monitors (I use them all the time at work, but not for color-critical applications) has been great and I came close to buying the $100 cheaper s2209w which is a 21.5" TN panel (and actually claims a higher resolution), but then I saw a reference to this one and this sounds superior.

[FONT=&quot]coupons [/FONT]
The s2209w isn't an IPS monitor, if I remember correctly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back