Dell Ultrasharp 2410... new 'budget' IPS

FrankLamont

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dell UltraSharp U2410 Review - Monitors
Okay, so there are heaps of IPS monitors at this price... but it looks good, and it's reasonably cheap... $899.

Thoughts? I know I'm not quick on this, just wanted to confirm a few things first.

If it performs as good as Dell's much cheaper model then you won't be disappointed! But for $900 can't you almost get an NEC or Eizo?

Almost? How cheap is NEC/Eizo's cheapest model? ;)

Well my NEC 2690WUXi was $1600AU at a time when the exchange rate was about 65c so I imagine it would be like $1000US or something.

Honestly I haven't looked. But I figured we normally get screwed price wise here in Australia. That said I'm assuming you're in America.

/EDIT: Err cnet.com.au lol ok so you probably won't find a nice Eizo for $900AU.

Hmm, didn't realise the 2209wa is back until I just checked. I can buy 2 2209wa's and save money, so I'll do that instead. ;)

I don't think here in Australia it was every actually gone, just hard to get with high lead times. Certainly a week or so after the thread about Dell pulling the display from sale I got one. That may be due to the corporate account we have at work, or it may just still be available for us.

I'd say try. It's an awesomely priced screen.

Yeah, annoying only available through business section...

I used to have it -problem was angles - did not project colour and tones properly from different angles. (a while ago- check the new one)

I used to have it -problem was angles - did not project colour and tones properly from different angles. (a while ago- check the new one)

You had a TN panel, 2209W. The IPS panels in the 2209WA have no colour drift with viewing angle.

I haven't tried it but I suppose you can order from the business section with no hassle, for personal use?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back