Delta Baggage Handlers

Gary A.

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.garyayala.com
Delta might be my new favorite airline......

This will give you goose bumps or tears! This is done at D/FW International Airport.

As you watch the video, notice the number of people watching from inside the terminal.
Most people have no idea Delta does this.

Delta Honor Guard - YouTube

God Bless the USA.

Amazing. Thanks, Gary.

actually it got me annoyed more than anything. All these dead soldiers and for what? seems more like a travesty than any honorable victory.

actually it got me annoyed more than anything. All these dead soldiers and for what? seems more like a travesty than any honorable victory.
Then go voice your views to the politicians. The soldiers (dead or alive) deserve respect no matter what your views on the circumstances are.

You can disagree with war and feel that their deaths were senseless. Your annoyance should be directed to those who sent these men and women to fight. But that should have nothing to do with the respect the soldiers themselves deserve to be given.

You can disagree with war and feel that their deaths were senseless. Your annoyance should be directed to those who sent these men and women to fight. But that should have nothing to do with the respect the soldiers themselves deserve to be given.
oh I have respect. I just don't find any romance in being dead without a damn good reason for it. (and I am prior military) . People romanticize this crap.
flags don't mean chit your dead your dead.

Look, I get it. I've done my share of war protesting and get plenty angry at the politicians.

But showing respect and feeling sadness at a soldier's death isn't the same as "romanticizing" war. I don't think anyone's going to suddenly join the fight because they want the hero's treatment when they die. Soldiers fight for different reasons than countries fight.

The flags aren't for the dead. The flags and the gravitas are for the loved ones left behind.

Look, I get it. I've done my share of war protesting and get plenty angry at the politicians.

But showing respect and feeling sadness at a soldier's death isn't the same as "romanticizing" war. I don't think anyone's going to suddenly join the fight because they want the hero's treatment when they die. Soldiers fight for different reasons than countries fight.

The flags aren't for the dead. The flags and the gravitas are for the loved ones left behind.
yeah, they are told to. That simple.
suppose it is better than the pro warmonger types that never volunteer to go but root for war from their arm chairs. (couple of my wifes friends come to mind)

This is an inappropriate time and place for this discussion and I apologize for my participation in it. I'm also done with it.

This will give you goose bumps or tears!

A little bit of both, Gary. Thanks for posting it!

prolly a good idea for both of us, it shouldn't have went this way.

Thanks for posting Gary. It's too bad your thread got derailed in this fashion.

Thanks everybody. For clarity, this post isn't about politics or war. It is about honor and respect for our service men and women. I hope all of us have the capacity to respect those who have volunteered to serve our country. I suspect the ceremony captured in the video, was created by the rank and file Delta Baggage Handlers who felt the need to treat the fallen with the honor they earned. God Bless them for that. Respect is a commodity which cannot be purchased. While a little ceremony cannot mend the hearts of those closest to the fallen ... it will be appreciated and provide some comfort for the living.

Last edited:
Having just flown Delta I was concerned there was a story here about gear being abused/stolen.

I do appreciate the lengths they went to honor these guys but also am curious about their background. While they seem to have been trained for color guard and could be prior service I would not appreciate it if it turned out they were just doing it from what they have seen elsewhere.

Most reactions

Back