Demotivationally Speaking

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Speed JUnkyz, May 15, 2010.

1. Speed JUnkyz

Speed JUnkyz TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Do you have some funny or even inspiring demotivational posters? Well lets see them... :D

Ill start:

[​IMG]

good place to find them is google :D

2. creisinger

creisinger TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, and in most cases it infringes other photographers' copyright as well...

3. Speed JUnkyz

Speed JUnkyz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok? so that means we can't get a couple laughs from them? I say press charges on those who violate them.....but most are up for grabs lol

4. creisinger

creisinger TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm sorry Speed JUnkyz, but this is a common misconception these days that most people believe just because it's available on Google (bing, Yahoo, you name it...) it's free.

Here are the terms of use of the web site where this image came from. I don't know where you found it but either way you would have to have written permission to link this image here or be the copyright holder.

I'm quoting the rules and just because most of the population is doing it doesn't make it right.

5. creisinger

creisinger TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sorry, this one actually applies in this case:

6. c.cloudwalker

c.cloudwalker TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not to mention it is also a violation of the forum's rules.

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/faq.php

7. Josh220

Josh220 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    *sigh*

Can't everyone just take a thread and have some fun with it without bringing down the technical crap? Every forum on the internet has pictures posted from google, we are not so special and elite to be *above* posting a few images as well. As much as some seem to think we are.

[​IMG]

Bring on the anal police. :pig::pig:
    I love the smell of bacon in the morning.

8. Speed JUnkyz

Speed JUnkyz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh im sorry i didnt think i was doing any harm. I figured if I got it from google that someone has released the rights...

So from now on Ill post my own posters lol :D and everyone can be happy :D

9. creisinger

creisinger TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I understand that not every person online can know copyright law. However, there are forum rules that everyone of us agreed to and we are supposed to go by those rules.

These rules are supposed to protect the ones who actually came up with that stuff because in certain cases these people make a living off of it.

Here some more background info that everyone should know who ever takes a camera in their hands:

When anyone performs an image search on Google and clicks on it, it states on the top of the page:

This actually means that someone created that image and is supposed to be contacted if anyone wants to use it.

This may sounds incredibly lame but again, we all buy DVDs, songs from iTunes or buy a poster of our idols (do the young folks still do that these days?) and we actually pay for that. Why? Because it is intellectual property and therefore the people and companies involved in the production deserve to get paid.

I've lost quite a bit of money because of people who ripped my images and sold them as prints on ebay, Zazzle and other places, even the images ended up in high resolution on the Google image search. Then I have to explain small company owners when they use my image that they are infringing my copyright, despite their "excuse": "I didn't know that you are the copyright owner - I just downloaded it from Google"

Well helloooooo, it says on Google: Image may be subject to copyright.

Wake up, words do have a meaning. We use them to communicate. This means you have to pay for the use of an image. People are just ignorant.But here on a photo forum, members should be well more aware of how this works.

10. Speed JUnkyz

Speed JUnkyz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Horse is dead guys lol

11. c.cloudwalker

c.cloudwalker TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not quite yet.

I have no problem with someone like you who makes an error because you don't really understand the copyright laws. A few of us point it out to you, you learn and move on.

But I do have a problem with someone who has been on this forum long enough to know better suggesting that it is a joke. So I have a question for Josh220.

Can you put a watermark on your photos saying it is fine to steal them and use them any which way we want?

Yes, there are some overpaid artists out there but most are not and photographers are usually in the most part.

12. creisinger

creisinger TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    @ Speed JUnkyz
    I'm sure you didn't start this thread with the intention of "screwing" anyone. I just wanted to make you aware.