Depth of Field & Bokeh studies

SwissJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All comments & criticism welcomed. Thanks.

4709966690_0d842f408c_b.jpg

4708411206_a8b1f33967_b.jpg

4709089609_3da5dab8df_b.jpg

Last edited:
i like #3 the best, very koo

All somewhat under-exposed, but excellent use of selective focus and control of DoF - what lens and aperture(s) were you using in these images?

#3 is a good example of Hollywood bokeh.

The bokeh in #1 is very busy, edgy, and it's not as pleasing because it lacks the other kind of boken, nice, smooth, cream cheese bokeh.

#2 looks like a focusing mistake, though I know it's not given the thread title.

Thanks for the comments.

All somewhat under-exposed, but excellent use of selective focus and control of DoF - what lens and aperture(s) were you using in these images?
They're shot with a Nikkor 50 1.4 on a Canon body. The aperture was either 1.4 or 1.8.
I think #3 needs to be stopped down a bit cause the guy's head isn't all in focus.

#3 is a good example of Hollywood bokeh.

The bokeh in #1 is very busy, edgy, and it's not as pleasing because it lacks the other kind of boken, nice, smooth, cream cheese bokeh.

#2 looks like a focusing mistake, though I know it's not given the thread title.
I think the motion of the people in #1 added to the strange bokeh. The shutter was set to get some blurring.

#2 didn't come out as nice as I imagined. The binocular thingy is too blobby. I wanted the "eyes" to appear more ghostly with focus on "watchtower"

Thanks again for commenting!

Awesome pictures. Great focus and blur.

Most reactions

Back