2498080528_67a2db93f4_o.jpg

#2:
2515143006_de8c4b9bd4_o.jpg

#3:
2514775665_0088cee16d_o.jpg

wow.. impatient much?

:confused:
Are you serious?
Things take time, this isnt as big of a forum as one might think, plus, its the middle of a work day...

Wow hun give people a chance to see it at least a day or 2, then get offended. LOL :greenpbl:

I thought the shot of the dog was awesome. Great lighting, although maybe a little too much contrast for most. As far as the leaves with the sky in the background, i think you did a good job with exposure, but personally didn't find that it really grabbed me.

wow.. impatient much?

Please don't judge me, this is not the first time that I have posted something and it has gotten little to no comments (even after being left up for a long time). It's not impatience, just feeling burnt out.

maytay20 said:
Wow hun give people a chance to see it at least a day or 2, then get offended. LOL

I wasn't offended, and it's very condescending to be called "hun" even on the internet, even though I'm sure you didn't mean it that way.

pleasetakeitkind said:
I thought the shot of the dog was awesome. Great lighting, although maybe a little too much contrast for most. As far as the leaves with the sky in the background, i think you did a good job with exposure, but personally didn't find that it really grabbed me.
Thank you. I wasn't sure about the contrast levels in the dog photograph, but I think my personal tastes run more towards higher contrast levels in most cases (even though it's not for everyone, like you said). I hear you about the leaves and the sky- I know that it's a very common "point of view" to see. It really is all about the colour combinations for me.

I will repost the photographs again temporarily, if anyone was/is curious. I just have not had good luck getting feedback/comments on my photographs in this forum, and that's the reason behind their hasty removal- NOT impatience or hurt feelings. Just second thoughts.

hi
i understand about posting photos for critique and then not seeing any or enough responses, but like everyone else said.....it is a work day. you should see more replies soon as most of us are off work now.

now for the critique:

#1 awesome pic! i like everythng about it. the colors, the lighting, the comp, crop, the bokeh....all of it looks great. you did a very nice job :)

#2 as previously stated, not an attention getter but the title of this thread is DOF so with that.......looks very good.

#3 nice capture! very nice bokeh.

good luck and keep shooting :)

I wasn't judging you, sweetie.

<cough>

Couldn't resist.

umm... i would have liked a little bit more information about what you wanted... were you posting images for CC? Any specific thing you're after? I know the title is "Depth of field" but i think it would be polite to give more instruction on what you're wanting... or are you just wanting people to say "great pictures"?

Love the first one, great rich colour and good use of DOF.. seems like you got the right light to catch the colour of the dogs coat.

Like the last one, too.. great capture, nice and sharp but i think a little more light would have helped but that' just being picky! (too picky)

I wasn't judging you, sweetie.

<cough>

Couldn't resist.

Sweetie... yikes! Hahaha. Now how about telling me what you think of my shots instead of poking fun at me? ;)

dadcameraguy said:
umm... i would have liked a little bit more information about what you wanted... were you posting images for CC? Any specific thing you're after? I know the title is "Depth of field" but i think it would be polite to give more instruction on what you're wanting... or are you just wanting people to say "great pictures"?

I thought that since I was posting these in an online photography forum that's geared towards "sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique", it was implied that I wanted C&C? But if you want me to say it, yes, I want C&C on the photos themselves as well as specigically on how I did as far as using a shallow depth of field is concerned. I'm obviously not looking for people to say "great pictures", unless that's what they think.

k_pugh said:
Love the first one, great rich colour and good use of DOF.. seems like you got the right light to catch the colour of the dogs coat.

Like the last one, too.. great capture, nice and sharp but i think a little more light would have helped but that' just being picky! (too picky)

Thank you for taking time to comment. I was happy with the colouring in the first one, too- even though my poor dog is going white about the face now :) I agree that the last one would have been better with more light, it was around dusk when I took it (through a window). Not the best conditions!

Thanks for putting them back up.

One looks very nice, although i think its a little to contrasty

Two is beautiful

Three is a little soft and noisy and also a little underexposed, but still cute.

Thanks for putting them back up.

One looks very nice, although i think its a little to contrasty

Two is beautiful

Three is a little soft and noisy and also a little underexposed, but still cute.

Thanks for coming back to comment. Here's a different version of #1 where I tried to back off the contrast a bit... it's not a huge difference, but hopefully still noticeable? I tend to like higher contrast, darker pictures, so that affects my PP. I know that most people don't like that sort of editing, though!

2533026850_963e916909_o.jpg

The old dog is nice. I like the lighting on the revised version, his personality comes through better.

But I understand the post about telling us what you were going for. C+C is meaningless with out context. Isd this your retriever, or are you taking animal pictures professionally? Was the chipmonk a picture of oppertunity, or did you wait all day for him to come out so you could underexpose the shot? Or did a cloud cover the sum all of a sudden. It is one thing to sit in a blind all day waiting for an animal to walk by, having figured out your exposure and framing in advance, and quite another to throw the camera up and shoot in a split second for the shot of a lifetime.
That what I want to know before I can tell you what I think will improve your pictures.
Judge Sharpe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back