Derelict, a Scurra comeback tour!

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks....

It's been ages since I posted any images, however now I have a DSLR I can post more often, here are the first batch that I really like, I go past this building on the way to uni every day and suddenly realised it might have potential if shot in black and white. Here are the results:

derelict1.jpg

derelict2.jpg

derelict3.jpg

derelict4.jpg

derelict5.jpg

Please feel free to comment I could use some constructive critisism.

Woa nice and dramatic...love the power in these shots....

Id suggest...next time...underexposer by 1 or 2 stops....thatll give you a more...desolate feeling :)

I'll have a go arty... this place is only a 5 minute walk from my flat so going back is no problem :) expect to see further attempts soon.

Nice pics! At first I thought you were a property maintenance code inspector :shock:

thanks guys, i've been lazy today so you'll have to wait a bit longer for the underexposed attempts... I'll head back that way tommorrow.

B&W is something I struggle with. Yours are the kind of photos that make me keep trying. Nice shots, the two with the broken glass I really like.

I finally got round to going back there.... I experimented with underexposing to different extents (after Artemis suggested it) and this was one of my favourites... I can post others if you like. Just let me know.

derelict6.jpg

Hope you like, and thanks for the kind words Picksure.

Scurra! i just love the last one! the shadow at the right bothers me a bit, but i like composition anyway!alot!the bird makes it even better!great!

is there a chance to see how it looks in colour?

great job! -:)

Sorry anua I only shot B&W on both occassions. I can head back AGAIN and shoot in colour lol. I had no idea it would be such a popular subject.

Most reactions

Back