willyp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Avalon, Northern Beaches, Sydney, Australia
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, i posted some of these in a general thread, but i put too many photos on. could you please let me know what you think of these, in a technical way, i guess..? i'm new to photography, and love taking travel photos of people, but dont really know if i am getting off to the right start.

1. Photo of a a desert guide at sunrise on top of Mount Sinai, Egypt.

IMG_1676.jpg

2. photo of old sales man in turkey

IMG_4344.jpg

3. photo of another salesman in turkey

oldturkishdude.jpg

4. photo of cute couple in morocco

turkishcouple.jpg

I can't believe you are that new to photography, after I had already seen all 39 photos (out of which I had also seen these four before) of yours over in the General Gallery. Or you just have to be a natural talent...

Given that none of these portraits are set up, but the kind of Seizing-The-Moment-Portraits, they are as good as can be. Good focus, blurred out background, pleasing expressions, lots of character in the faces, some context (first and last) that explains more ... and if the first has some shadows falling across the desert guide's face, to my mind (I'm not an expert on portrait photography, mind!) it is compensated by how his far eye catches the sun (and half of his near eye does, too)! If that happens with people's eyes in photos, I love it!

All of these portraits are composed well. The light in the first and second is gorgeous.
The third one ids the real standout here tho...just go such character and his outfit is so fitting with the BG....just a very pleasant overal tone to the palette.
Love the last one too...nice setup with the woman passing in the BG.
very well done. :D

I can tell whice one i like the best. I like the all. They look like they came right of a magazine. They have a professional feel to them.

These are fantastic photos - I really love the job you did on all of these. The first one is my favorite though - love his smile and the background - really well done!

Wow, these are great pics. The first two are my favorite, Great work!

Most reactions

Back