Desert Pictures

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Unmanedpilot, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Unmanedpilot

Unmanedpilot TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Went out to give my dog a walk and take some pictures. Anything I can do to make them better?

[​IMG]
    Start with the classic Saguaro And a Sunset.

[​IMG]
    Diffrent angle and maby 10 minutes before the previous.

[​IMG]
    Found a nice flower, so I took a picture.

[​IMG]
    And im finally learning not to put things in the center of the shot.

Few more "artsy" pictures. Some of my first black and white stuff.

[​IMG]
    Thought I got a nice angle, please don't comment on the bushes in the background... i know.

[​IMG]
    I thought this was one of the better shots of mine.

Feal free to Critique on whatever, im happy to learn.

2. VirtualPhotographyStudio

VirtualPhotographyStudio TPF Noob!

Love the second image cropping. The first image might be better suited if you could lower the angle to show more of the cactus base. Some of those images bring back memories. I have thousands of images taken in Wickenburg AZ in a wildlife park, just northwest of Phoenix in May when they were blooming.

Thanks for sharing.

Andrew
    going beyond photography
    virtualphotographystudio.com

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Since these don't quite meet with the guidelines we have for the Photo Critique Section, I moved these over to the Landscape and Nature Gallery, where many more will view them, anyway, I would say.

I like that singled out flower, backlit (difficult lighting situation, no doubt), the pic has an interesting DOF and ... the flower is positioned nicely off centre :)wink: ) --- good. In that one, I am not quite so sure about the horizon line going right "through" the flower. It distracts a bit, a slightly shifted POV (point of view) might have helped, and also don't know if I want to see such a vast amount of very bright sky ... but any cropping ideas would invariably lead to a centred horizon, so I have tossed all those I might have had over board. But that is one I would look at for longest.

The second of the dead log pics is good, too, but a tad on the dark side. On purpose?

4. Unmanedpilot

Unmanedpilot TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I took a few of the flower but the were blured, and I didn't think about the horizon other than it was at an angle. Also I couldn't get the bottom of the cactus beacuse of the bushes, so I just went with the top. It wasnt a very well placed cactus in my opinion, to many bushes and right near some trees.

And yes the darkness with the log was on purpose, When I shot the photo I couldn't see through the eye peice as I wasnt fealing up to laying on the ground, so I couldnt quite get a grasp on what I wanted fully so I made it darker in PS.

5. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i love the color you captured in the first, and the crop in the second. where were these taken in tucson? I use to spend a lot of time out in the sabino canyon area, 7 falls was fun to photograph, although probably not much water there this time of year... Although I heard tucson got about 10 inches of rain a few weeks ago...

6. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the first one best! the only thing I'd recommend is cropping out a bit of bottom part...

7. Unmanedpilot

Unmanedpilot TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with he cropping idea, maby later. Also for clarity the second one, evryone says they like the cropping, well i didnt crop it :D just thought i would mention. Also these were taken less than a half mile from udal park, i could post a map if anyone is interested.