Desert Storm 25 years ago

SamSpade1941

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A Nikon F2 with 55mm f/1.2 prime was my constant companion while I was enlisted in the Army. In 1990 I deployed to Saudi Arabia in support of Operation Desert Shield and then later Desert Storm. I used my F2 to chronicle my experiences in the Middle East as much as possible, and shot hundreds of images before during and after the combat was over. After I left the Army, most of the things that had been part of my Army life including thousands of slides and photos were placed into storage at my grand parents home. A few years ago after my Grandmother passed away her home burned which led me to believe all of these images were lost. Recently my aunt called letting me know that she had found a single photo album that contained some of my images that were shot during the war in a storage building I thought I would share a few of these images with everyone. I would like to point out that these images have been only been scanned no post processing has been done

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Hard to believe, that already 25 years...

Man, I could look at these all day long!! Thanks for sharing! What's crazy is that some of those hummers are still running and in use around the fleet. We looked at one of our 997's last week and it was born in 1986.

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. More importantly thank you for your service and welcome home

Really like the last one, thanks for sharing these.

There's a lot going on in these photos, lots of stories behind them and the film grungy authenticity just give them so much punch.

great pictures! My eyes thank you.

Thanks for your service and for sharing.

Most reactions

Back