Desert Storm

pilotkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres a couple pictures I took last night from a HUGE storm we had. I had to wait for the storm to get a little south of me because of it raining so hard, I didnt want to get my camera wet! And there is one picture in color but I thought the colors turned out kinda cool. What do you guys think, your critique is welcome!!! Thanks

1307234822_d6ad903a27_b.jpg

1307233744_2a94ff9db1_b.jpg

1307191496_da546691a5_b.jpg

I agree with The Empress, and I also agree with her motto, damn, she knows what's up. Anyways, her clear understanding of photography aside, I really love the last one because of it's colors, the motion if the clouds due to the what must have been a long exposure, and the slanted horizon actually works to the advantage of the picture in combination with the motion of the clouds in my opinion. I'd be interested to see a version of the last shot with the left lightning portion cropped out and concentrate the shot more on the visible bolt. Great work!

Thank you both! The last one seems to be the one everyone likes the most...Trenton Romulox: Unfortunately, that bolt of lightning on the left of the picture was not cropped out, the bolt was just out of view of the lenses!

Thank you both! The last one seems to be the one everyone likes the most...Trenton Romulox: Unfortunately, that bolt of lightning on the left of the picture was not cropped out, the bolt was just out of view of the lenses!

Right, I know, I mean a version of the shot with only the lightning on the right visible. I know you didn't get the bolt on the left in the shot, which is okay, because the shot is so great anyways. I mean take a whole new approach to the shot by having only the lightning on the right left in, you see what I'm saying?

This isn't edited other than the crop but i think that something more like this would look better just because you don't have the destraction of the light from the other bolt.

This isn't edited other than the crop but i think that something more like this would look better just because you don't have the destraction of the light from the other bolt.
Wow, your right. That does make it look better.

the sky's to amazing to crop like that, i would say straiten it a little.

I miss the left size brightness in the crop. I would leave it as you had it. With the crop, your eye just stays on the lightning. With the original, your eye travels all around the photo.

Wow, that's a great set of shots - do like the edit. Perhaps thankfully, I never get to see stuff like this.

I agree with wildmaven about your eyes traveling around the shot with its not cropped... but either way it looks amazing! I lived in Kansas and saw nights like that many times... Never thought it would be caught so perfectly in a shot like that!

Wow! Amazing photos! I'm a huge fan of storms, unfortunately I have yet to be able to take a shot I'm happy with during a storm. You truly captured the "nature" of the storm with the last photo. Nice job!

Most reactions

Back