Desert Sunrise

crzyfotopeeple

Vanimal
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSCF2706.jpg

Interesting image, but I don't know that I would have known it was a sunrise unless you told me (as you did), but I do like the composition as a landscape. If it was mine, I would get rid of those two stalks or whatever they are that are sticking up just left of centre. They are distracting as I find my eyes go right to them. You have enough grass and low growth in the foreground and these are not needed.

WesternGuy

I would leave the stalks - because they add some interesting tension and drama to the scene.
The photo doesn't 'pop'.

Do some global edits. Global = to the entire photo.
Adjust the mid-tone contrast and the vibrance, both 'presence' adjustments.
Experiment with some edge contrast adjustment too - using sharpening tools.

Do some local editing to the sky, the mountains in the background, and to the valley in the mid ground.
Give the clouds a stronger presence and make the rest of the sky more dense (darker).
Adjust the color temperature and tone of the background mountain and the valley to remove some of the blue.
Do some local editing to the shadow area of the foreground. I would probably dodge (lighten) the shadow area but burn (darken) the roadway.

I would leave the stalks - because they add some interesting tension and drama to the scene.
The photo doesn't 'pop'.

Do some global edits. Global = to the entire photo.
Adjust the mid-tone contrast and the vibrance, both 'presence' adjustments.
Experiment with some edge contrast adjustment too - using sharpening tools.

Do some local editing to the sky, the mountains in the background, and to the valley in the mid ground.
Give the clouds a stronger presence and make the rest of the sky more dense (darker).
Adjust the color temperature and tone of the background mountain and the valley to remove some of the blue.
Do some local editing to the shadow area of the foreground. I would probably dodge (lighten) the shadow area but burn (darken) the roadway.
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the useful info and the ideas for editing. I usually never go to that degree of editing but I'm going to try some of the things you brought up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back