Desiree & Wade: Most Recent Wedding (9 images)

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did a nice outdoor garden wedding a couple of weeks ago. Didn't charge what I should have, but I really wanted to do it to get some really pretty images for my portfolio. Bride didn't smile a whole lot, but that was just her personality. She still looks gorgeous:)

1.)
Padilla-5copy.jpg

2.)
Padilla-29.jpg

3.)
Padilla-35-crop.jpg

4.)
Padilla-74.jpg

5.) Ok, so for this one, I wanted him to look like he was looking at her and admiring her from "afar" but it kind of just ended up looking a little bit stalkerish/creepy lol Oh well, I tried.
Padilla-84.jpg

6.)
Padilla-90.jpg

7.)
Padilla-95-BW.jpg

8.)
Padilla-97.jpg

9.) Oh boy, the cake was over an hour late, and they completely forgot the cake topper. Then the driver had the nerve to act completely unapologetic about it since it "wasn't his fault." Now I know who NOT to recommend for cakes!
Padilla-111.jpg

Nice job, they look very good.

One suggestion, if you can move around, try to watch the background and position yourself and the subject for the least distracting view. #2 and #4 could maybe have less distracting backgrounds but it's not a big deal. Overall, a very nice set of photo.

IMO, these are all quite lovely.
#1 would look lovely as a BW
IMO, all of the portrait oriented portraits have lots of extra space in them and some of the vertical could be cropped off to improve them. (to 4 x 5)

Did a nice outdoor garden wedding a couple of weeks ago. Didn't charge what I should have, but I really wanted to do it to get some really pretty images for my portfolio. Bride didn't smile a whole lot, but that was just her personality. She still looks gorgeous:)

1.)
Padilla-5copy.jpg

2.)
Padilla-29.jpg

3.)
Padilla-35-crop.jpg

4.)
Padilla-74.jpg

5.) Ok, so for this one, I wanted him to look like he was looking at her and admiring her from "afar" but it kind of just ended up looking a little bit stalkerish/creepy lol Oh well, I tried.
Padilla-84.jpg

6.)
Padilla-90.jpg

7.)
Padilla-95-BW.jpg

8.)
Padilla-97.jpg

9.) Oh boy, the cake was over an hour late, and they completely forgot the cake topper. Then the driver had the nerve to act completely unapologetic about it since it "wasn't his fault." Now I know who NOT to recommend for cakes!
Padilla-111.jpg

Beautiful.. I love your pics !! Id like to see more. Any reception shots?

Nice pictures. I really like #1. And your stalker one #5, I actually think is pretty cool. Good job.

Great job April!

#1, great shot.

Love #2 with the green in the background.

#3, good ring shot.

I think #4 could be better zoomed in.

#5, right, it does look like stalkerville, too funny...LOL

#6 and #7 are my favorites. GREAT!

#8 I think this would be better as a horizontal without all the extra space.

#9, they forgot the topper for the cake??? Who walks out the door and doesnt notice that the topper is missing?? wow, unbelievable.

Nice series.

NJ

Thanks everyone for the comments!
I've learned to leave some extra space when composing because it sucks when the client wants to order an 8x10 (and they always do!) and you have to cut it off where you don't want to.
I actually like having all of the extra space in #4 because I thought she looked a lot like the tree:) But, I do have more close up ones of her in that area without so much space around her.
I didn't stick around for the reception as I was just hired to do the ceremony and formals. But, they wanted me to do some with them signing the marriage certificate and with their cake too so I did. I think these were my favorites, but I'll look and see if there are a few more that stood out to me (plus I always feel bad because I post so many shots! :))

Ok, so here are a few more...
10.)
Padilla-37-cropped.jpg

11.) This is their son. This couple has actually already been together for 9 years and have a son and a daughter (both in the wedding). I accidentally overexposed this shot, so the dress detail is pretty blown. I thought the B&W conversion made it look better though. I have another shot with the both of them with the correct exposure, but I like their expressions better in this one.
Padilla-73-BW.jpg

12.) Another one by the trees. Wish I had tried composing it differently since the background is split in half like that, but when you are on a time table, it's hard to try and spend too much time thinking about each shot. Hopefully as I do it more, it'll come more and more naturally.
Padilla-76.jpg

13.)
Padilla-92.jpg

14.) I think this angle makes the cake look less naked without it's cake-topper:)
Padilla-110-BW-crop-w-vign.jpg

Oh I LOVE number 8 it's simply beautiful. It looks so... well... it just rubs me the right way.

I like all your black and white pictures, they really stand out. Number one is also really good too. Very nice series overall.

Nice shots April! I'm currently doing the same thing to help me build up a portfolio / webpage !!!

Most reactions

Back