desk distraction

Do you work with pro tools? That looks like a 10 track digital recorder, but I'm not sure. Is the teal guitar a Fender Statocaster or a knock off brand? <--- To rephrase the question... What brand is both guitars? How long have you played/recorded you own songs?

Never worked with Pro Tools, too expensive. I use Sonar 6 on the PC tucked away at the back there. What you perceive to be a 10 track is actually a cheap Behringer analogue mixer that I use as a front end to the PC soundcard. The teal coloured guitar is indeed a Fender Strat (the Lonestar model). The other is a Tokai DC II, which is a very high quality simulation of something Gibson make or used to make. I've been playing for about 25 years, but don't let that fool you into thinking I'm much past the enthusiastic amateur stage. I don't tend to record much, because I side track myself repeatedly by just playing the guitar. Beleive it or not though I have got a very small contribution on a CD that was released about 4 years back - I contributed some claps, backing vox and a section of guitar - the song writer wisely buried them deep if not below the mix. Amazing what you can do over the internet by swapping a few files.

455961026_684c45ac76.jpg

My desk at school. I will be a senior at the University of Toledo here in the fall. (Computer Engineering...yeah, I'm a nerd :)).

Btw, congratulations nabero, I know I can't wait to graduate.

Thanks Antarctican, WDodd and (G)K :hug::

I'm waiting to see your scary, scary desk LP :greenpbl:

I should also say well done nabero - most remiss of me. Are you partying the evening away at all to celebrate?

I should also say well done nabero - most remiss of me. Are you partying the evening away at all to celebrate?

thanks chris :hug:: i don't think i'll be partying the evening away tonight...i've got a lot of cleaning and packing to do (oh and a nap...a nap would be very nice). But I will celebrate... I'm thinking I'll probably order a pizza, make myself a nice stiff drink, and watch Big Trouble in Little China.

party on, garth.

Big Trouble in Little China... I remember that movie...

by the way... Yaaaaaaay!!! you are done!!!!! Please don't grade the grammar of my posts because you are now a graduate English major...

*rethinking if I should post this with all the mistakes... aaaa... might as well*

wow everyones desks look way too clean... dont you guys do any work?...LOL

here is not just my desk... but the room where work, and some serious gaming goes on.. =)

UltimateGeekdom.jpg

wow everyones desks look way too clean... dont you guys do any work?...LOL

here is not just my desk... but the room where work, and some serious gaming goes on.. =)

UltimateGeekdom.jpg

Cool set up! And I thought I had a lot of stuff...is that a server type set up directly in the middle?

Cool set up! And I thought I had a lot of stuff...is that a server type set up directly in the middle?

The center rack is a gaming server and also a photo server... the photoserver has a bit over 500gb onboard... the gaming server handles the inhouse game hosting so no ones computer has to be used while they play... the room is slightly different now but the network remains close to the same infrastructure... one computer is not mine... but one of the other gamers that leaves his set up here... the rack also has a 24 port gigabit switch and 8 port KVM for working on computers or allowing laptop users to game along with the 4 stations... ;)

Most reactions

Back