desolation...

AdriaanSteyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
b83d630a.jpg

I took this photo yesterday afternoon a few miles south of Dubai in the arabian desert. I liked the texture and shadows that the sand created. Needless to say its in the middle of nowhere..

thanks for looking

very cool , looks hot! I would've liked to see more emphasis on dunes though or maybe even getting closer to the cactus? in the distance.

my thoughts were the same, but unfortunatly I was up against a fence which I was unable to cross. I will be looking for similar opportunities in the near future. And yes...it was hot!

JOAT said:
very cool , looks hot! I would've liked to see more emphasis on dunes though or maybe even getting closer to the cactus? in the distance.
I agree. I know you can't control the sky, but maybe getting lower or placing the horizon very near the top of the frame would have been better? Unfortunately, the sky is very hot and distracts from the dunes.

If you are able to shoot again, I highly recommend it. You've found a great spot and the lines and shadows here are cool.

^^^^ we were typing at the same time :)

woodsac said:
... maybe getting lower or placing the horizon very near the top of the frame would have been better? Unfortunately, the sky is very hot and distracts from the dunes.

If you are able to shoot again, I highly recommend it. You've found a great spot and the lines and shadows here are cool.

^^
My exact thoughts!

looks like a great place to take some photos... this does look like a desolate placee, and makes for some powerful images... i'm looking forward to more...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back