detail,sharpness, Canon or Nikon

Without any information what exactly it is what you want to photograph and about your personal preferences I can give you zip information about what gear would be great for you to get.

About your idea that Canon would be less sharp than Nikon: thats completely riddiculous and absurd. Canon and Nikon are both producing lenses since over half a century; in fact Nikon just turned 100. Thus they have a LOT of competence and ability when it comes to lens design and lens production. Rest assured you will have access to much excellent glas with both of them. Glas which will have many more good qualities than mere sharpness.

False! Serious Professionals would use the new Hasselblad
Well ... IMHO only if they're also masochists:

I think its safe to say that right now, any other medium format system would be preferable over the really buggy X1D.

Last edited:
chuasam said:

Wow...the video above shows what a turd the new Hasselblad X1D really turned out to be....laggy AF...poor rear touchscreen performance...feeble contrast detect AF and a massively bright white AF assist lamp needed/implemented; poor, ugly-shaped polygonal bokeh balls when shot even wide-open on their 90mm lens (as in WTF!?); glitchy; seven to 10-second startup time; practically zero buffer; expensive lenses with leaf shutters in the lenbses themselves and NO focal plane shutter in the body, so no adapted glass!; and so on. No wonder the new Fuji GFX mezzo-format camera is blowing the new Hassy out of the water sales-wise!

chuasam said:

Wow...the video above shows what a turd the new Hasselblad X1D really turned out to be....laggy AF...poor rear touchscreen performance...feeble contrast detect AF and a massively bright white AF assist lamp needed/implemented; poor, ugly-shaped polygonal bokeh balls when shot even wide-open on their 90mm lens (as in WTF!?); glitchy; seven to 10-second startup time; practically zero buffer; expensive lenses with leaf shutters in the lenbses themselves and NO focal plane shutter in the body, so no adapted glass!; and so on. No wonder the new Fuji GFX mezzo-format camera is blowing the new Hassy out of the water sales-wise!

I guess that's what happens when you sell your brand to the Chinese so they can put Hasselblad logos cell phones. The only Hasselblad I ever owned (a 1000F) was a hassle indeed. It spent half of its life in the repair shop. I switched to Mamiya and never again had a problem. The new Fuji GF is definitely a picture taking machine. I don't need one so I don't want one.

Good God,thats a billboard.

Most reactions

Back