Develop this film at Photo Lab or darkroom yourself.

Discussion in 'The Darkroom' started by benjyman345, Oct 2, 2006.

1. benjyman345

benjyman345 TPF Noob!

hello,
    I have a FUJIFILM Neopan SS - 135 - fine grain film for black and white prints.
    Is this film meant to be processed/developed at a photo lab or is it the type you can develop yourself in a home/school/photography club darkroom?

Thanks

2. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've never used it but google pointed me to another forum where the man said he had and it was just a standard black and white film. Doesn't need anything special at all. According to him it is NOT t grain type.

Someone else here might have used it.

3. JamesD

JamesD Between darkrooms

Neopan is a traditional black and white film which can be processed in ordinary BW chemistry. Fuji calls it a Sigma-grain film; not quite sure what that means. Supposedly, it's pretty good stuff. I've never used it, but I wouldn't be averse to trying it.

Charlie, I'm curious why you mentioned Kodak's T-Grain films.

4. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Only because the write up on google mentioned that fuji has a t grain type black and white and this aint it man this aint it. I have no earthly idea what difference that makes but I do vaguly remember a kodak developer called (I think) Tmax for its t grain film. I have no idea if that makes a difference since I never shot any of it.

5. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

I will give one warning about sending it out. I dropped off some B&W at a local store that does inexpensive processing. I didnt have enough to warrant going out and buying chemicals to do at home (I always do my own E-6). Anyway I was charged $13 a roll for processing the film and 1 set of 4x6 prints! This was from BJ's wholesale club who charges $2.79 for the same in color (they send it to a Kodak processor).

I told myself that I will hang on to my B&W and when I get enough of it. Will process it at home from now on. I will scan and print the pics I want.