Developer tank?

Tolyk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been reading a manual on developing and they recommend a developing tank. The book is a bit old (printed in 82) and I'm not sure if this item is still in common use, and if so, where can I get one?

I don't have a photography equipment store in my area, and the online store I use doesn't carry this item.

Are there better ways to develop negatives than this? Bear in mind, I have no access to a dark room, nor the means to make one any time in the near future.

Adorama has tons of dev tanks. Click the link at the top of this page.

You will need a "dark" room of sorts. You need to load the film into the tank in complete darkness. This can either be a light tight room, (closet, bathroom, basement, etc..) or a changing bag.

Digital Matt said:
Adorama has tons of dev tanks. Click the link at the top of this page.

You will need a "dark" room of sorts. You need to load the film into the tank in complete darkness. This can either be a light tight room, (closet, bathroom, basement, etc..) or a changing bag.
*nod* that part I knew. My bathroom will work for that :p

And thanks :)

Alternate sources, since you're in Canada, include Vistek and good ol' ebay Canada. I just checked your ebay and there are loads of tanks and reels listed under cameras - darkroom. Might save you a bit on shipping.

If you are shooting lots of 35mm b&w, do think about getting a tank which will hold two reels at a time.

Torus34 said:
Alternate sources, since you're in Canada, include Vistek and good ol' ebay Canada. I just checked your ebay and there are loads of tanks and reels listed under cameras - darkroom. Might save you a bit on shipping.

If you are shooting lots of 35mm b&w, do think about getting a tank which will hold two reels at a time.
I was looking at a 2 tank one.. can you not use these for colour negatives? The book doesn't say anything about that yet.

I looked on Vistek, didn't see any developer tanks, or any listing for dark room supplies.. Am I just blind?

1. You should be able to do 2 rolls of color neg. at a time.

2. Vistek site: enter "tank" in search box at upper right of home page. Press 'GO'. Go to page 5 et seq. They carry the Patterson tanks.

Torus34 said:
1. You should be able to do 2 rolls of color neg. at a time.

2. Vistek site: enter "tank" in search box at upper right of home page. Press 'GO'. Go to page 5 et seq. They carry the Patterson tanks.

It doesn't say if the reel is included, would you happen to know if it is?

Most reactions

Back