Developing help

blank film can only be the developer, if it has been exposed. Cut a bit of your bulk roll off, expose it to light, develope it and see if it is black or clear, if it is clear toss teh developer.

make sure you havent mixed up your developer and fixer bottles...

I ruined YET another roll of film. and it sucked too because it was of this awesome waterfall me and the honey found on a nature walk :confused:
Any who I THINK I may have found the problem. Even tho I dont reuse my developer I did mix it in May. I opened a new bottle of developer to try to see if that worked and jeeze guess what? DUH!!! My old pre mixed developer was nowhere close to the same color as the new stuff. I feel like an idiot! Well anyways I HOPE thats the problem. and from now on I will only mix as I need it seeing as its the liquid stuff!!! Thanks all for your help!!

mysteryscribe said:
when developer turns the color of urine after one beer it is time to toss it,. If it looks like urine after a hard drunk it is way tooo old. gurkins rule
I shall remember that o wise one! I just got done developling a roll and there beautiful!!!!!!

zombiekilla3k said:
Well anyways I HOPE thats the problem. and from now on I will only mix as I need it seeing as its the liquid stuff!!!

I think you've found the problem. Use dedicated jugs (meaning only put developer in a developer jug, don't try to clean it out and use it for other chems). Try to keep your developer, regular strength or concentrated, away from air. This can be done by using several smaller jugs as you use it up, or add glass marbles to take up the space that would be air.

Matt is correct in everything he says.

I can only add that you might want to buy some sodas in different sizes of plastic bottles 8oz to 1 liter and a couple of cans of cheap spray paint.

I mix my chemicals on a daily basis about five ounces of developer using the bottle caps to measure the smaller mixes. Keeps the number of things for me to lose to a minimum

Most reactions

Back