Developing Medium Format Film

It is likely that there is a local outfit that processes 120 film in NO. However, it will be a "pro lab" and not a corner drugstore outfit. Otherwise, one can send film vial the mail for this service.

I live far enough from the pro lab that I have my C-41 films developed by a local grocery store: they can process the negatives, but cannot print them. Then I simply scan the negatives myself (6x6).

One can easily do his own B&W and, with only a slight bit more effort, can also do C-41.

Having 120 film developed these days is expensive! Usually around $10 a roll to develop the negatives.

Doing it yourself is easy, and will only cost you about 20 cents a roll for black and white chemicals. Plus a one-time cost of about $50 for all the developing gear.

Color chemicals are a bit more expensive, about $2 a roll.

Of course you'll still need to get prints made.

Hey all.
I am entering the wide world of photography starting with 35mm film. I am currently based in Lithuania and I found out that here is only one lab that can develop slide film. To make the long story short the lab turns on the machine when about 60-70 rolls of slide films are collected for processing and the cost for 1 roll (36 exposures) is about 8 USD.
I am looking for advise where in UK or Germany I can send my films to be processed. Any recommendations and approximate price is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
b.

There is a photo lab there in New Orleans called Bennett's that can develop it for you. They are on Severn in Metarie. They do a good job. Good Luck!

Hey all.
I am entering the wide world of photography starting with 35mm film. I am currently based in Lithuania and I found out that here is only one lab that can develop slide film. To make the long story short the lab turns on the machine when about 60-70 rolls of slide films are collected for processing and the cost for 1 roll (36 exposures) is about 8 USD.
I am looking for advise where in UK or Germany I can send my films to be processed. Any recommendations and approximate price is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
b.

Again I recommend developing yourself, it's easy and enjoyable. You can develop 3-4 rolls of b/w for $1usd, color slide is about $2 a roll.

One-time startup costs are about $50. You don't need a darkroom, but you may want to buy a negative scanner.

Most reactions

Back