Developing Photo Albums/books

Thanks BigMike and everyone else for the posts and links. I think I may try to find a nice photo album and goto one of the places that does photobooks for general non pro consumers like me!

If I have the photographs, Can I send my pictures to professional photographers or a professional editor (not sure what you would call them?) to do something creative and make me a book from technicare or Asuka? Is that something that most will do?

I was wondering if anyone here has tried overnightprints.com for photo books? I hear they are really good quality for business cards. I wonder if they maintain a constant color profile like whcc.

For the Non-Pro types you're sitting a your own solution. I have used MPix before and have been happy with them, but use iPhoto and have Apple do them.

I just had one made for a play at the school my wife works at. They asked me to shoot the play and they would offer a "only copy" of the book I had made at a fund raiser. There was such great interest in the book that once it was at $350 they asked if everyone bidding on it could get one. After some negotiating with the group of parents everyone decided they'd pay $100 plus production and shipping. The school made $2600! And I had my web address on the jacket so people may now go to my site!

I know, that was off topic, but I thought it was awesome!

I really think you'd be happy with Apple's books! They may not be the same quality as other, but it made 26 families happy at school!

iPhoto & Apple Books!

I'm just following up on this topic. So I have now found 3 or 4 good websites that do photobooks for the general public, I am sure there are dozens of good ones out there.

I was wondering if people have tips on how to best design a photobook? I have both a Mac and PC. Is it best to pick the pictures and design them in a place like photoshop and then import it into the blank programs that these companies have set up? I am abit worried with the early comment about colours and knowing the printers, etc. I am not sure how "artsie" i'm going to get but if i can do some blending of pics and overlaying of pics, that would be something I'd eventually like to try...

Any tips and advice would greatly be appreciated!

Most reactions

Back