Developing times for Delta 3200?

I think tbh my main problem here was just a misreading of what you meant by 'fine' and 'ok'. I'm definitely coming round to your way of seeing things now. I could say I don't have the time to test various different exposure/dev methods, but it's summer and I'm a student, so that would be a big fat lie :mrgreen:. Over the next few weeks I'll shoot some 3200 in various different conditions with different ratings and post some results.

Thanks again for all the help!

let me know before you venture out to test; i'll be happy to supply you with some info that will help.

do you have spot or center weighted metering in your camera or off camera?

Ah this is where it gets complicated... center-weighted with option of spot on my Pentax, and a whole multitude of different metering options on the Minolta, though where possible I tend to use a cheapish handheld meter to take incident readings, then compare that with what the camera says, and bracket. Thanks for the offer, I'll probably start next week (am waiting for a f/1.4 courtesy of JonK :cool: ) and will let you know what I've got planned.

motcon said:
you would, yes. densitometers will not be 100% effective with some developers, however.

As I understand it, using a densitometer you are testing the relative transmission density of the film, compared with film base + fog, for a range of different exposures and development times, for a given film and developer combination. So, what is the problem with some developers, and which ones are they?

a densitometer won't work with films that have been developed in a staining developer. you will get readings, but they will not be accurate due to the stain.

Most reactions

Back