Developing with coffee

rom4n301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so ive herd that you can develop a roll of film using coffee, so i wanna try this out for myself. Ive looked at some of the stuff you need for it, and ive looked all over but i cant find any washing soda. can someone please give me a recipe, i dont know what to call it, that i can use. oh and i have a 120 roll of t-maxx 400. so if you could give me the times too thatd be great. i need this stuff bye tonight because im doing this for a project in school. if someone could give me all the info that would be awesome, thanks ={D

thanks, but that requires washing soda, i looked all over for it and i cant find it =/

actually.. now that i think about it.. it doesnt have to be coffee developer, it can be anything out of the ordinary. just cant be developed using normal developer. so any recipes?. thanks again

I thought you might pick up on the health food store for washing soda.

ieght.. yea.. i just found washing soda.. but for the vitamin c.. can i just buy vitamin c pills and crush them up?

I don't know but it seems the washing soda is more important than the coffee mixture.

thanks for that!!.. my film is sitting in the developing tank right now!!!.. but i just realized im out of fixer.. so that will have to wait till tmro..

ieght.. yea.. i just found washing soda.. but for the vitamin c.. can i just buy vitamin c pills and crush them up?

How about orange juice? A photographer's breakfast .... coffee and orange juice :)

lol.. oj is were its at.. ill try it next time if i can find some **** film for free. btw.. for anyone who also wants to try this i found this chart it has everything times, recipies.. everything Developer formulae, dilutions, and times

here are some scanned shots from it, i overdeveloped it.. i developed for 30 min. next time ill try 20
4406768885_572725a818.jpg

4406768847_af4df684ce.jpg

4407535122_34b15d023b.jpg

These are really cool! Did you use caffeinated or decaf? French Roast or Sumatran :) ?

it was nescafe tasters choice original actually..lol.. i assume its caffinated.. idk... i HATE HATE HATE instant coffee and think it is absolutely disgusting.. i have no idea how people drink that crap

Interesting reading mates...

What about some toast!

By the way the results are not bad at all.... I love the 1 one

:greenpbl:

Most reactions

Back