Development Disaster - What Do I Do?

TheChronoRogue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently taking a photography class as my university. I shot 4 rolls of Kodak Tri-X 400 B&W film over the past week and went into the darkroom today to develop it myself. However, the locks were changed over the weekend and I was unable to get it. I wanted to develop tonight so I could print tomorrow in class. The film was for an assignment due on Wednesday. On my way home, I stopped in at a CVS and asked if the could develop Tri-X B&W film. The were selling some at the counter, so when they said yes, I assumed they knew what I was talking about. Well I come back 30 mins later (thats how long they said it would take to make uncut negs) and find I have 4 rolls of purple tinted blank film. Of course I realize that used a color process on my B&W film. I talked to the clerk and he said that he couldnt do anything about it, but that I should talk to the manager tomorrow. Now, I was wondering what sort of compensation should I asked for. I feel that I am entitled to more than 4 rolls of free film, but I don't if I am out of line here and how much I should ask for. Any advice you guys could provide would be great. Thanks.

- TheChronoRogue

They usually have a release of liability disclaimer with the max cost being the film replacement, so you're out of luck.

I'd be sure to get a refund and some film though. Bummer!

Most reactions

Back