deviantART Submission Agreement

nitefly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rawmusicians.com
It has been brought to my attention the agreement that we sign when registering for and deviantart account. Ill put out a few things that were brought to my attention.

License To Use Artist Materials. As and when Artist Materials are uploaded to the deviantART Site(s), Artist grants to deviantART a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to do the following things during the Term:

Basically saying when you upload your artwork you haven given dA the right whatever they want with your work. So without you know they can be making money off your work or stilling your ideas.

Im not going to post the who agreement but yall should seriously look it over and see what is really going on. Link ---> http://about.deviantart.com/policy/submission/

What do you think about this? I think that its utter crap..

I know of alot of people who left after realising about this!!

Unfortunately I have to agree.

It could just be a "normal" thing & they still have good intentions but I haven't agreed to the new terms and probably wont either. :(

I'd hate for one of my shots to be worth something & sold without getting a penny just for the privilage of hosting them on their site!

Limitation Of Rights The rights and licenses granted to deviantART under sections 3 and 4 of this Agreement require deviantART to obtain Artist consent before deviantART makes any commercial agreement with anyone else to separately buy, license, re-sell or re-publish or commercially use any Artist Materials not in association with deviantART but as an individual work of art in isolation from any other works. No additional consent is required for any other licensed uses under this Agreement of Artist Materials either as part of the deviantART Site(s) or in connection with the distribution of content groups from the deviantART Site(s) and/or for uses of the Artist Materials made at the discretion of a visitor to the deviantART Site(s) or other users under agreements with deviantART. deviantART will contact Artist in writing about any individual commercial uses of Artist Materials instigated by deviantART.
This is #5 of the same agreement.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back