Devil's Dictionary

IS (Image Stabilization) - Lazy mans tripod

Monopod - Tripod with birth defects

Tripod - Poor mans image stabilization

Last edited:
deviantART - pretentious ART.

Interestingly enough, I somehow think that when someone calls an entire group of THOUSANDS of artists pretentious... they might be the ones who are being a tad pretentious.

Reversing Ring: What you wish you had when you miss that great shot

Maybe if you actually HAVE Add... but I am aware of quite a few of my fellow actors :sexywink: (I am involved in theatre too) taking them as a VERY POTENT pickmeup. It's a powerful stimulant, and only calms those who already have ADD.

Just a friendly warning before anybody goes out and does anything crazy before an important shoot....

It's a joke. I'm not suggesting that anybody go pop pills to calm themselves down.

Armature Photographer
(1) a photographer who does not make a living from photography
(2) a photographer who photographs the rotating coil or coils of a dynamo or electric motor

Professional Photographer
an armature photographer who once got a friend or relative to pay for a photograph to be printed

Unsharp Mask – The Photographers saving grace for non sharp images, usually used after Shot Burst

I thought that is what you wear so people don't recognize the one who took the unsharp pictures ...

Interestingly enough, I somehow think that when someone calls an entire group of THOUSANDS of artists pretentious... they might be the ones who are being a tad pretentious.

Ironic.

Right? I'M the pretentious one?

I'm not going to argue that, but my point stands. Pointing out an entire website filled with millions of users, and tens of millions works of "art" as being pretentious is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Besides, its nothing more than a gallery, and I would assume you probably offended a few people by posting that those that use it are classified pretentious.

But, then again, as I pointed out - there is something inherently wrong with users of a forum who dedicate time out to poke fun at those less knowledgeable/less skilled then they are. Sure this thread is fun to make puns of certain things, but a few posts are personal attacks - and thats the reason the TPF is not what it once was.

Don't you hijack my thread.

I will slap you silly.

All of you.

Right? I'M the pretentious one?

I'm not going to argue that, but my point stands. Pointing out an entire website filled with millions of users, and tens of millions works of "art" as being pretentious is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Besides, its nothing more than a gallery, and I would assume you probably offended a few people by posting that those that use it are classified pretentious.

But, then again, as I pointed out - there is something inherently wrong with users of a forum who dedicate time out to poke fun at those less knowledgeable/less skilled then they are. Sure this thread is fun to make puns of certain things, but a few posts are personal attacks - and thats the reason the TPF is not what it once was.

I think your reaction is a bit extreme, and I hardly think my comment offended these "millions" of users. If 'they' are true "artists" then surely they don't need the ratification of others. Well that is how I feel about my deviantART work anyway.

It was a JOKE, don't be so thin-skinned and sensitive, and to call it a "personal attack" is just daft.

I mean someone posted a derogatory comment about Lomography, but did I get offended? NO, because what would be the point. I think this thread should be taken in good humour, and people like YOU should chillax a bit and not take it so seriously.

ps: And no of course I don't think everything on deviantART is pretenious, this thread just reminded me of a magazine article I read recently which heavily voiced the opinion that "those that can't use deviantART".

ISO Sensitivity - Isolated Social Oxymoron; an attempt of hilarity in an OFF TOPIC internet forum and ruffling someone's feathers followed by a direct attack by the 'offended', followed by a rebuff from the originator of the first comment. The end result usually highjacks the thread. See Sarcasm.

Can we get on with it?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back