DH Race pictures

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from this weekends races. Im pretty happy with them. Let me know what you think.

54561846.jpg

54561824.jpg

54561812.jpg

54561850.jpg

54561853.jpg

54562204.jpg

#1, 2 spectacular!!
I second pilgrim's view on 2.

Awesome job!! :thumbsup:

2 and 4 are my fav one looks like the DOF was off though it is an awsome shot!!! i would love it soo much more if the rider was just a lil more finely focused.... number 2 well that one speaks for itself congrats that is an awsome motion shot!!!!! sell it to mtn bike mag :) and i like 4 just cuz everthing is nicely in focus and i enjoy the scenery around the biker so i feel its a strong composition...

I agree re: the second one. That's great.

Aaron

The second shot is really good. I would have prefered to have the rider slightly crisper to make him almost pop out of the grass. I do really like the motion effect, but the bright green is very distracting to the eye. This may have been helped with what I suggested above.

bogleric said:
The second shot is really good. I would have prefered to have the rider slightly crisper to make him almost pop out of the grass. I do really like the motion effect, but the bright green is very distracting to the eye. This may have been helped with what I suggested above.

Interesting. Everyone that has seen that picture loves the bright green. Helps the rider stick out more. Seems to be the style that magazines like. If you ever flip through a bike magazine all their pictures are extremely bright and vibrant.

It would have been extremely difficult, almost impossible to get the rider any more crisp. At the speed he was moving (30-35mph) with the slower shutter speed thats as crisp as the rider can get.

Great stuff, graig! I especially like the second one. I like the green myself.

His head is faily sharp, while it's his body and bike that has a bit of blur in an up/down motion. This tells me that it was the uneven ground that caused the blur, and there isn't much you can do about that.

markc said:
Great stuff, graig! I especially like the second one. I like the green myself.

His head is faily sharp, while it's his body and bike that has a bit of blur in an up/down motion. This tells me that it was the uneven ground that caused the blur, and there isn't much you can do about that.

Thanks.

Exactly.

Most reactions

Back