diamonds are a swans best friend.

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
we have a small lake that for some unknown reason, has started attracting trumpeter swans, and they are so not native around these parts, so its a mystery why they have started returning here for a few years...but the mystery is my thrill... there is something about swans that make you just stare in awe at thier beauty...and grace. i did not do them justice, but i do want ya'll to share...
IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

the water drops look like diamonds on the neck and head

IMG_2483.jpg

this is a momma and almost grown baby, but she still loves on him and protects him....
IMG_2364.jpg

did you hear the one about a goose, and two ducks go into a bar....
IMG_2393.jpg

hey, i've heard that one......!!
IMG_2346.jpg

Wow...April. These are some really really cool shots. I love the blue water in the first and how the ripples in the water surround the head in the second shot. I really dig the Momma and her youngin(did I get that right)
But I almost spit out a tea when I saw the last two.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Great captures girl. Glad to see your post

I beg and I beg to see these pictures ... I have to see them on the net with everyone else!!! :er:

I love the last one ... need that for yamis, btw. just send it on over.

I also love the momma and baby one. send that one, too!

Your pictures are always great. You should post more.

chiller, thanks for the sweet words.... your always too kind to say, mediocore.....

nicole.... on the way with the ones you want, but stephens are better..(of course, the show off...) i took 140 so there may be ones you want of them...come over sometime and see.....( he only took 30 or so...)

if i could find this place by myself, i would take you and you could take your own shots.... maybe in january... they will be there till march...

aprilraven said:
chiller, thanks for the sweet words.... your always too kind to say, mediocore.....

nicole.... on the way with the ones you want, but stephens are better..(of course, the show off...) i took 140 so there may be ones you want of them...come over sometime and see.....( he only took 30 or so...)

if i could find this place by myself, i would take you and you could take your own shots.... maybe in january... they will be there till march...

January, my Pallie ... I'll be more watery than the lake they're swimming in ... but I'll watch and YOU take more!

we will both have to be drinking in january...we will pretend its by the river, and put on john denver, then squall like big ole girls..!!

aprilraven said:
we will both have to be drinking in january...we will pretend its by the river, and put on john denver, then squall like big ole girls..!!

:heart: boom, pallie ... :heart:

nice work raven! wish you would post more often...
love to see you post :D
thanks for sharing these

I like the first two shots...and the last one cracked me up :thumbup:

What Mansi said, post more often! (photos that is)

swans are evil. when i first started to take pictures, i got really close to swans and they got angry at me.

a couple of years ago two swans nested in the swamp behind our house and went to war. (aparently only 1 swan family per lake) anyway, one of the male swans started to kill the baby swans from the other family. We tried to put a stop to it by scaring the attacking swans away. let me tell you. when a swan spreads its wings, starts honking and running at you, you get the hell out of that birds way...they are scary.

in conclusion, i like the pictures :p

thanks ya'll for the comments....
yo, fight the heathens.... they are intimidating...and can look huge when ticked off... these were never mean acting to me..but i never really got too close.... i have seen and heard other horror stories.... but all animals are territorial except probably armadillos...

thanks again...!!

Most reactions

Back