Did any one...

zbo2408

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For those astro nerds out there (ME!) Friday 12/12 was the largest full moon of 2008... The moon due to its elliptical orbit around the earth was 17,000 miles closer than its average distance... Here in charleston SC we had the CLEAREST night of the year also and of course... My brand new XSi with 55-250mm lense is sitting in a box covered in pretty paper underneath a glowing tree...

Sooo just curious if anyone was able to capture some shots of a larger than normal moon.

you know, i stood outside, with my camera and my 300... staring at the moon.. thinking "wow thats big" but i didnt have my tripod, so i couldnt get a decent picture

you know, i stood outside, with my camera and my 300... staring at the moon.. thinking "wow thats big" but i didnt have my tripod, so i couldnt get a decent picture
Hmm, not even a quality camera, a cheap superzoom. Handheld before I even knew anything about settings (the following is not a current shot.) Surely you could do better with either of the bodies listed in your sig with a 300mm.....

20080118MoonDSCF1264.jpg

Had I known it was suppose to be a good moon, I would have been out. I have to take the dang dog out constantly anyways, may as well do that with a camera around my neck....

I think we have clouds because I would have noticed a nice big moon...

i got a picture of it, it just isnt that great... because i didnt have my tripod, and it was so dark.. the shutter speed had to be longer (cant remember what i had it on) but because it was long, and no tripod, i kept getting blur, which i knew would happen

I don't understand the "it was so dark"? The moon was dark? Was there too much cloud cover? I couldn't see the moon last night, too much clouds.

That shot above (from last January before I got my tripod) was at 1/1000 second and ISO 100. The quality of the shot is due to the quality of my camera and definitely not handholding a 1/1000 second shutter speed....

why didn't you take a photo of round moon?
Me and my shot? Because the moon wasn't round that night? :D

Most reactions

Back